Tuesday, January 13, 2009

JENNIFER: UNIQUE PATHS

ANOTHER POST BY MILTON:


For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


Jennifer, my youngest daughter, is sharing on today's blog thoughts about her mother and this blog. Jennifer is a great writer and has a marvelous style of writing. I love to read her thoughts.

***

Unique Paths

My dad has asked me to write something for the closing of mom’s blog. I’m not sure my heart is up to the task but I promised I would… please bare with me as my heart is heavy and my eyes brimming with tears. I might jump around but I’ll try my best to make sense.

The last time I visited my mom, before she got really sick and entered hospice, we had an amazing last time together. We went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and ate dessert together, we had coffee at Starbucks, we went to church for last time together.

Oh the sweet memories… Mom, You where such a good mother…

The most memorable moment was the last time we sat at her kitchen table together. It was late at night, the kids were asleep and it was just us talking about life. She was giving me advice and telling me not to settle in life but to know God had much in store for me and to reach higher.

Oh the memories around that table… Mom, You took such good care of us, you fed our bodies and our souls as well…

At the end of the conversation she said she had a word from the Lord for me. We left the cozy kitchen table for her always well supplied office so I could write down what she had to say. She couldn‘t write anymore. My mom, the woman with unending energy and talent, was now the author who couldn’t write…it was too much of a struggle for her. So I pulled a freshly sharpened pencil from the coffee can turned into a homemade pencil holder one of us had made for her as a kid.

Oh the memories of sweet childhood… Mom, I’ll never forget how you were always home, pouring your heart and soul into your family.

It was late at night and we were both tired (even with terminal brain cancer, the woman was still amazing! ) but we both wanted to get this message written down. Here is what she said to me that late night.

“God has a walk for you. Don’t be surprised but walk as I have in trust. My walk is requiring trust and your walk will too. Don’t be afraid. God has His plan. The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord. Just as He has had me walk this unique path, a unique path will befall you. Just keep living for the Lord and He will reveal it. Trust is the important word in unique paths and as we trust He will work out Romans 8:28”

Oh the memories of her alive talking… Mom, I’ll never forget that even though you were the one dying, you wanted us to be ok!

By now most who are reading know my mom’s unique path led her into the waiting arms of Jesus. She won! She won on July 21st when she left this world and entered heaven.

But what of us? What of us, those she left behind? I’m still discovering what unique paths God has for me. So far there have been lots of twists and turns that I didn’t expect but her words from that night ring in my ears. Trust. I will trust as I follow Him on whatever unique path he has in store. I will remember back to the truths my mom helped put in my heart. I will pull from the strength her wonderful example gives.

Mom, I will never forget you. Part of you is inside of me. All you taught me, all you wanted me to be is inside…thank you mom… I will carry you in my heart forever.

 

8 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I sense your heart in this as I lost my mom 5 years ago...I am 53 and I still miss her, but have never wished her back as I know she is now completely whole, realizing all that she had hoped for, in Jesus. Yet, I miss her and wish I could talk to her about the "things of life" many times. Thank you for sharing. It is a blessing to so many, even those who don't respond. May God richly bless you and your family as you continue in your journey of life here. He will be that ever present help in every time of need.
God bless you!

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
you may think your thoughts jumped around...but that was so eleoquently put....you touch us all with your writing...I do believe you have your mothers gift. please continue to share....i love reading your blog as well. May God continue to heal and comfort your heart and bring you great joy again......time does heal but you never forget, I would say you learn to live with it all. May God Bless you and your family. Keep praying for your husband it will happen.....I prayed for mine for over 15 years....and then it was a continual process so dont give up....God has a plan.
Pat

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely tribute, Jennifer.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

Jennifer you captured your mother's essence in your tribute.

Continue writing and expressing your feelings.

Many Blessings
B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Jennifer, this is a wonderful tribute to your mom. It is true, we all carry a something of our parents inside us, and we also pass this down to our children, as it becomes part of us and our children will carry a bit of us in them. That means, we also carry the DNA of our grandparents and even further back. My mom died when I was 27 and my dad died when I was 19, so I understand losing a parent when you're young. Of course, you still have a great dad and it looks like you'll have a great stepmother, who will not replace your mother, but who will be a special friend to you. And yes, God has a unique path for you, and it's for good. BTW - you also have a gift for writing. I don't know if you have a passion for you, but you definitely are gifted.
I continue to pray your husband's salvation. Don't give up on him.
Blessings,

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer, that was a beautiful tribute to your Mom, and so special and so dear to those of us reading it.
Love you,
Aunt Becky

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

A beautiful tribute, for a beautiful lady, from a beautiful daughter. It had to be so hard for you to write, but thanks so much for sharing.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Dear Jennifer,
thank you for sharing these special thoughts from your heart about your Mom. She taught us all so many lessons through her life. I am so grateful to have known her and partnered with her in writing two anthologies. You are very blessed to have the wonderful heritage passed on to you from your mother and father. You and your dear family are in my prayers.
Blessings from,
Carrie in NJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home