Thursday, December 01, 2005

FELIZ NAVIDAD, 2 BOOK SALES, ETC.

We're headed for sunny San Juan, Puerto Rico, tomorrow. Feliz Navidad, as they say in Spanish. Merry Christmas in English. Our daughter, Jennifer, just gave birth to a baby boy, Lorenzo Enrique. She also has a 22-month-old daughter. I can't wait to hold those babies! My, do I have a lot to thank the Lord for. I know. I know. I ended a sentence with a preposition. But so did Sir Winston Churchill. And when someone pointed it out to him, he said in his inimitable way, "That is something I will not up with put!!"

I recently signed two book contracts--Christian fiction. This is sounding familiar to my brain, talking about this on my blog. Oh, well, I'll announce it again. One is a novel for Heartsong Presents/Barbour Publishing, and is entitled Heart of the Matter. The other is a novella in a 4-in-1 collection by Barbour entitled Kiss the Bride. I'm enjoying writing them. All of my fiction is based on scriptures. I love entertaining readers and getting across a spiritual truth. You know what C.S. Lewis said about this, don't you? "Any amount of theology can be smuggled into people's minds under cover of romance." Pretty thought-provoking statement, right?

Well, it's off to pack, because in the morning, I'll be enroute to San Juan. Feliz Navidad.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Have a safe trip Kristy!! AND Congratulations on the 2 sales! Can't wait to read them.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Rhonda. I am in sunny San Juan right now, enjoying my babies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home