Wednesday, April 19, 2006

FINISHING NOVEL, HEART OF THE MATTER

I'm finishing my novel, Heart of the Matter, which will be released next year by Heartsong Presents (Barbour Publishing) and then later, it will be included in a 3-in-1 called Florida Weddings.

I wrote the last chapter on Monday, and I'm now reading through the entire book to catch holes, fix areas, refine, tweak, add--whatever you want to call it. I found one scene that didn't end with zip. I always try to bring scenes to a close that make readers want to turn the page. It's called a hook. So I know to do this. But with this scene, there wasn't a hook at the end. As I thought about it, it came to me, and so I'm going to flesh out this scene and add the hook. I'm approaching it with relish. The basics are there. I just have to bring out the part that shines.

Well, back to my story...

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Kristy,
My name is Tammy and I am new to the blog world. I found your profile through Girls Write out. As I looked at your profile and if you will look at mine I believe we are kindred spirits although I am not an author. This blog thing...lol...I am constantly tweeking my blog as you say you do with the books...but I love it...come on over and read me sometimes.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Tammy, for your comment. I'll jump over to your blod. Thanks for reading mine. I'm hoping to post more often, at least every two days or so. But it's hard when you've got writing deadlines, and then I'm a pastor's wife which means I do church work, and then I travel--we're leaving for LA next Wed. for a convention.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I bless you in the name of the Lord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home