Friday, June 30, 2006

GOD IS GOOD

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
What He's done for me!

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
What He's done for me!

Oh, oh, oh, oh,
What He's done for me!

I never shall forget
Just what He's done for me!

That's the song that burst from my lips this morning as I woke up. It's peppy and refreshing. God is good.

The next song that hit me was:

I woke up this morning
With my mind,
Just sta - ayed on Jesus,

I woke up this morning
With my mind,
Just sta - ayed on Him.

Well, I woke up this morning
With my mind,
Just sta - ayed on Jesus,

Halle - lu, halle - lu, halle - lu, halle - lu
Hallelujah!

I'm rejoicing. My songs are back!

Since we've been in a kids' crusade this week, while I've been out (away from my home office where I'm usually planted), I made some swing-bys at my favorite thrift stores. We have some great thrift stores with excellent prices. It's a hobby of mine, to see what I can find. And I've found some treasures.

Here are a few:

Two Monet prints, Lady with a Parasol Turned to the Right and Lady with a Parasol Turned to the Left, which now proudly hang over my living room sofa. I love Monets and Renoirs and have several of these great artists' masterpieces in my home. These two prints are printed on heavy duty stock paper, and I built frameless frames for them (after several trips to Home Depot--grrrrr--but that's a story for another day), then touched up the colors in them. Since my predominate decorating color is in the aqua/turquoise family, I touched up the skies in both prints with strokes of aqua. The grasses where the ladies are standing, I turned from orange to eggplant/purple tones. Striking, my guests say.

Four table lamps. Two are matching, and I display them in one of my guest bedrooms. I painted their dull bases with gold then antiqued them with a brown glaze. Then I bought new shades for them with tassels, and viola, they were transformed. Another lamp has a gold and crystal base and with a tall gold-colored fabric shade that's tube-narrow at the top and wider at the bottom, it makes a striking addition to the other guest bedroom.

I've bought pretty little side chairs and had them recovered to match rooms. And ottomans. I love ottomans and footstools. Let's see. What else have I bought? One of my things is decorating, so I'm always on the lookout for an addition to my decor. Milton says I have a lamp and chair fetish. He's seen me drag home lots of them. But I always transform them to things of beauty.

I also look for unusual costume jewelry. Yesterday, I bought some nifty earrings and a necklace, the kind that fits snuggly around your neck. It's in tones of brown and orange, and I'll wear it with a tangerine colored shirt.

Yesterday I also bought a stack of books. I rarely come away from thrift stores without a book. I found My Cousin Rachel by Daphne de Maurier, Peacehtree Road by Anne Rivers Siddons, Becoming Soul Mates by Parrott & Parrott, a condensed Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks, The Joyful Journey by Clairmont, Johnson, Meberg, and Swindoll, and a 2-in-1 Mrs. Mike and The Search for Joyful by Benedict and Nancy Freedman. I read a wide variety of books, from fiction, to self-helps, to how-tos, to biographies, to you-name-it.

I bless you in the name of the Lord, that your day will be blessed and fruitful. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home