Friday, August 04, 2006

A RELAXING MASSAGE

I'm in Tampa for a few days with my daughter and two little grandsons. It's the first week of school, and I've been enjoying some Nana time and also helping my daughter in her third grade classroom.

Wednesday was my birthday, and she celebrated it in a big way. Birthday cake and ice cream. Cards. A bouquet and mylar balloon. The Happy Birthday song. Dinner at Outback. And...

A relaxing massage at a beautiful spa.

So yesterday I went for my massage. My daughter's given me a couple of these before, and I love them. They're wonderful. They calm you, with the subdued lighting, soft spa music, and the lulling sounds from the water fountain.

The lady massages my shoulders.

"My family jokes that we were monkeys in another life," I tell her. "When we get together, we make a train across the living room and massage each other's shoulders."

She laughs.

"We love shoulder massages. My mother taught us how to rub in circular motions and which muscles to hit."

"A massage not only stimulates the skin, which is a vital organ of your body," she says as she runs her hands up and down my neck in a ripple effect, "but it stimulates your immune system. Massages are very healthy."

I nod.

###

"Milton, I got my massage today."

"Come home, and I'll give you a massage."

"You never make it up to my shoulders."

"You have shoulders?"

###

I'm going home tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home