Monday, July 24, 2006

LOVE REQUIRES A SERVANT'S HEART

Yesterday, Milton preached part two of his message, "Getting Ready for A Double Portion Blessing," based on the life of Elijah and Elisha. His first point was that in order for Elisha to receive the double portion blessing, he first had to be a servant. Milton expounded on what this means.

My heart started pounding. I knew God wanted me to share how Milton had been a servant to me a couple of weeks ago in his patience and kindness about moving our huge wall unit and all the trips to Home Depot it entailed (see a previous post).

You see, we don’t just need to be a servant in church work and for Kingdom doings. This important truth carries over to every area of our lives: marriage, children, coworkers, neighbors, family, etc.

So at the close of the service, I walked forward, toward the pulpit. Milton and I have a private signal, that when I do that, the Lord wants me to say something to the congregation.

Milton handed me the mike, and I shared what I felt the Lord wanted me to. I talked to them briefly about building strong marriages and how to do it. Then I told them the illustration. I said the concept of servanthood applied to both genders, and that we needed to have servants' hearts toward our spouses. Afterwards, the people were blessed, and many commented to me.

This, truly, is a Christian love story lived out.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Any chance you'll do a non-fiction book? I love Christian love stories that encourage us in marriage.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Patricia, for your comments. I'd love to do a nonfiction book on marriage. We'll see...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home