Tuesday, October 31, 2006

CALLING IT QUITS?

You've had some good times in your marriage. But right now, it isn't going well. You're getting on each other's nerves like white on rice. That's a Southern term that means a lot. Things are strained, difficult, definitely un-joyful, even painful at times.

Have you ever found yourself in a fix like this in your marriage? Have you ever felt like giving up? Like saying, "What's the use?" Thinking, We're both Christians. How come our Christianity doesn't seem to be helping? Feeling like, Surely somebody out there would be nicer to me than my spouse is being right now.

Have you ever felt like tossing in the towel and calling it quits?

If so, tell us about it.

Or, if you didn't get quite that far, you were hurt or disillusioned. Tell us about an experience like that.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been married for 4 years now. I have been with my husband for 6 years. The last 3 years he has becaome very addicted to serious drugs..I stuck it out and supported him in hopes that he would be able to get over his addiction...but one drug has led to another and so on. I just files my divorce papers 3 days ago for the 2nd. time. The 1st time I did not end up going through with it. I sometimes wish I just had got it over with then. Me and my son have been hurt too much and I feel like I could have prevented it. Then I go to church and I hear Milton preaching...about husbands that need to be saved.....I wonder if I am doing the right thing??? ANY ADVISE?????

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger born_again11 said...

Me and my wife almost called it quits but we talked it out and decided to give it another try. Oly thing is recently I've read a couple of messeges on her myspace page that realy bother me. It was some guy commenting on how good she looked in an way that makes me feel uneasy. the problem is that she knows how I feel about that already because we talked about it befor. It jus seems like she dosn't care about how I feel and I feel like its going to creat problems if I bring it up. Could you guid me on what I should do about this situation.I jus think its ufair because its happened on my end and I resovled it by eccepting how she felt about it but she is not doing the same for me.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Milton Dykes said...

This comment is made in response to the previous comment.

I am Kristy's first husband. Kristy passed just over a year ago and I am responding for her. I urge you to go to a christian counselor soon and seek help. Your marriage is worth making every effort to save. God will help you. Trust HIM.

Milton Dykes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home