Friday, December 08, 2006

WHY KISSING IS GOOD FOR YOU

Fun Friday!

A few months ago, I saw an article in Today's Christian Woman about kissing and the reasons we should do more of it. It made me grin. But I outright laughed when I read the short article, below, "Why Kissing Is Good for You." This article came from a forward in my email--straight from the Internet--so it must be true. ;)

Kissing is good for you because...

1. It helps prevent tooth decay.

Dr. Peter Gorden, Dental Advisor at the British Dental Association, explains: “Kissing is nature’s own cleaning process. It brings plaque levels down to normal.”

2. It relieves tension.

A passionate kiss is a great relaxation technique, says stress consultant, Michelle McNabb. “When your mouth is in a kissing position, you’re almost smiling.

3. It helps you lose weight.

“A long kiss makes the metabolism burn up sugar faster than usual,” says Claire Porter. “The calories burned depend on the intensity of the kiss.”

###

I think I'll go find Milton and prevent some tooth decay, relieve some tension, and lose some weight! ;) Go find your man!

7 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride!!! ... and she is as beautiful as ever. Where's my kiss?

Love, Milton

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Edgy Inspirational Author said...

I knew there was a reason why I enjoyed kissing so much! It's good for me. :)

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the suggestion, krsity! LOl rose

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Kristy,
I am forwarding the material to my wife. As you say, it came from the internet so it must be true. And even if it isn't...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you Michelle, Rose, and Dr. Richard for your comments. Wait'll you see next Fun Friday's post: "Men Who Are Kissed Before Going to Work..."

Milton, thank you for YOUR comment. I've been so busy all day preparing for our dinner party, I didn't get to read comments. I'll go find you now and you give you a big smackeroo.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

This is a good one! Here are some more fascinating facts about kisses.
A kiss is, perhaps, the only word that fits into all parts of speech. It is a noun, because it’s common and proper. It’s a verb because it’s either active or passive. It’s an adverb because it makes an explanation. It’s a conjunction because it brings together and connects. It’s an interjection because it shows strong and sudden feeling. It’s a preposition because it has an object. It’s swell, if one doesn’t mind saying so. Finally, ‘kiss’ stands for ‘keep it short, sweet and simple’, which, I am sure, the Guinness record-holders for the longest kiss, Belshaw and Sophia, wouldn’t agree with.

P.S. A kiss for one minute can burn 26 calories. :)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Rachelle, for all that wonderful info about kissing! Wow! That is great! Drop by again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home