Tuesday, August 08, 2006

OH, HOW I LOVE THAT MAN!

Oh, wow, he washed dishes last night!

What a pleasant surprise.

I had cooked a nice meal. Chicken and rice in a mushroom sauce. Corn in a butter sauce. Whole berry cranberry sauce. I cleaned the table and countertops and stacked the dishes in the sink to soak, then headed for my computer to work some more, and he headed to church for a meeting (premarital counseling and then visitation to Sunday visitors).

When he came home, he was fixing himself a slice of homemade peanut butter pie (a parishioner had given it to us, and boy, is it yummy; in fact, it's the best peanut butter pie you've ever put in your mouth; it's not that Cool Whip and peanut butter concoction, it's a cooked custard base with a baked meringue topping). I walked through the kitchen and said, "Could you wash that pot for me?" In the last few years, he's offered to wash the pots as long as I wash the dishes. "Okay," he said.

I worked steadily on, making some editorial changes to a novel, and I heard him in the kitchen. But I heard more than just him washing a pot. Did I hear him...loading the dishes in the dishwasher? Yes, I think I heard right.

When next I walked into the kitchen, the sinks were as clean as a whistle, and the pot was on a towel draining.

Oh, how I love that man!

Let's see...

What can I do for him? Whenever he shows me love and kindness, that's the way I feel. I can't do enough for him.

I know...

It's something he likes a lot

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home