Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'M REALLY NOT ON BOOB PATROL


I'm really not on boob patrol even though I recently wrote about women showing their boobs in public ("I'm Tired of Boobs!"), and I'm about to address the subject again. The comments I received were interesting, insightful, and hilarious! One commenter said she calls hers Betty and Boop. Now that's one funny woman!

All this to say, Milton and I were saddened a few weeks ago when we saw TV evangelist Paula White preaching away in her inimitable manner (loud, forceful, sparkly, fire-in-her-bones type speaking) on a huge platform in a mammoth church…

…her rounded and mounded boobs pushed up above her low-cut neckline.

Now, I know Paula White is controversial in some camps. I don't know all the ins and outs of her life and ministry. I'm glad I don't have to, that God is The Ultimate Decider of Things. But I do know that I admire some of the things she does. For instance, giving food to the poor and inspiring people to rise up out of their sadness and insaneness and even mundaneness and reach for the stars.

Trivia: Paula White recently had Donald Trump on her TV program. It's been said that Donald Trump considers Paula White his pastor! Recently, she gave away 3,000 copies of Donald Trump's new book to the first 3,000 people who arrived at her church in Tampa, Florida--Without Walls Church.

So when we saw her on TV with her breasts jiggling—come to think of it, they weren't; they were as hard as rocks—evidence of implants? (no problem with that; just an observance)—Milton and I both shook our heads and said, "Why, Paula? Why are you doing this?" Actually, Milton saw the spectacle and hollered for me to come to the family room. I was in the study writing, and I came running. It was a shock, to see a woman preacher doing this.

As I said, I wrote about this issue not long ago and even titled one of my posts, "A Ring In A Pig's Snout," based on the scripture in Proverbs 11:22: "Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a woman who shows no discretion."

If I were to write Paula White a letter, I'd say…

Dear Paula White:

Please, please, please button up. You are a role model. You are, in fact, an icon, at least in some camps. People look up to you. They follow you. They will do what you do. And that's only right and fitting. After all, the Apostle Paul said, "Follow me as I follow Christ."

With that in mind, please quit showing your boobs. Please be modest, as the Bible instructs. Please resist the temptation to "do as the Joneses do." Paris does it. Britney. Katie. Kate. Jennifer. J-Lo. Jenn. Angelina. Ad infinitum. Why must you join their ranks?

Oh, I'm a woman too. I know how it feels to look down at your God-created features when a little bit of them are peeking out and think, This is a powerful feeling. For those who are innocent-minded, it's a reveling in our femininity. But we, as mature Christians, have to realize that there is a proper place to display our "charms..."

...in private…

...for our husbands' eyes only.

What you're displaying, Paula, is only for your husband Randy's eyes and delight. By doing what you're doing, you're taking some of the pleasure in you away from him.

And to take this a step further, in the progression of All Things Sexual, there's a tendency among us humans for things to escalate and get out of hand. I don't know why, except God made us that way. After all, we are sexual as well as spiritual creatures. But He warns many times in His Word that we have to maintain control of ourselves--with His divine help, of course, thank God! TV evangelist Creflo Dollar said it well: "What you're willing to show, you might be willing to share." That's a powerful statement for us women.

So please, for women everywhere—and men too—as you'll see by my husband Milton's forthcoming post…

QUIT SHOWING YOUR BOOBS, PAULA WHITE!

Sincerely, A Concerned Sister in Christ


###

Be sure and check back to see what Milton has to say about Paula White's boobs…

6 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Can't wait to see Milton's comments. I'll reserve mine until then.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks for your comment, Patricia. He'll probably comment on Thursday.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care for Paula's shouting style preaching at all and don't watch her but just a comment--I have several close friends who had implants and none of them are hard. I'm not sure where this idea started, but their's are soft.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh. I stand corrected. Thanks, A, for pointing this out. And thanks for your comment. Come back!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger preacher said...

It would probably shock many to find out that after Paula's "ministry" became viable, she had breast augmentation done.

After all, she couldn't afford it "before".......

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger preacher said...

Can you believe anything she says if you knew she spent "ministry" money on shallow and vain attempts to "better" herself ?

Many do the very same thing. Look at Jan Crouch. She uses the Bible to justify looking like a tramp, she'll even quote you chapter and verse to justify it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home