Tuesday, January 30, 2007

MORE ON "WAITING TO DO IT"



Friday's post is entitled "Waiting To Do It." Under the comments section, my husband Milton had this to say:

"Another reason for not having premarital sex is that couples who commit to sexual purity before marriage are building a bond of trust. The man knows his wife is pure and the woman likewise. This secures their confidence of marital fidelity because they both were sexually pure before their wedding and know they each are trustworthy.

I have never had a question of my wife's faithfulness for many reasons, but it all is built on a foundation of purity that began before we were married. I respect her, and she knew I could be trusted. That is a wonderful blessing to bring into a marriage."

###

The True Love Waits Pledge:
"Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship."

The Five Commitments of True Love Waits:
To God: Matthew 22:37" "Jesus replied, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"

To Yourself: Matthew 22:39: "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

To Family: Philippians 4:5: "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

To Friends: John 15:13: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

To Future Mate and Children: 2 Timothy 2:22: "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart."

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Definitely a keeper. So it just occurred to me that my soon to be 12 year old counts as a "preteen". So far he's avoided any conversations about sex but his body has changed quite a bit and I know the little girls are interested, even if he feigns disinterest, at least in front of me. So I feel some weekend bonding-time coming.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks for your comments. Cherie, I appreciate your kind remarks. Patricia, that bonding is so important.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home