Tuesday, September 18, 2007

LETTERS FROM SCHOOL CHILDREN, 1



Dear Mrs. Dykes,
Wow! You are an amazing author. You gave everyone good advice. Would you ever write a book about a talking dog?
Dear Mrs. Dykes,
You really inspired me about writing, and maybe I could be a writer when I grow up. It is just something about you that inspired me. Maybe it was the writing process. Or maybe it was when you said people don't fail, they quit.
Dear Mrs. Dykes,
I really enjoyed you talking about how you got all of your books published. It was amazing how you actually got 10 books published, and how you actually had two newspaper columns in separate newspapers.
Dear Mrs. Dykes,
I liked your saying, "People don't fail, they quit." It gave me courage to pursue the thing I want to do, but I have not thought of the job I will do when I grow up. I'm not supposed to yet.
Dear Mrs. Dykes,
I like how you said to ask yourself "What if?" when you can't think of what to write. I gave up once but now I am going to achieve and get better.

3 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's our Daughter-in-law!! Kristy, we're proud of you and your successes.....and we also love you.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

And you should be, Mom & Dad Dykes!

Writing is one thing but inspiring our youth is a whole other, more lasting thing!

Hats off to you, Kristy!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks for the compliments! Wow, you all made my day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home