Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MY LETTER TO KRISTY

Dear Kristy:

Before you had brain surgery, you asked me to journal entries on this blog to tell your story and our story. At first I couldn't see how I could write with all you were facing and I told you that I couldn't. But, at your insistence, I began to photo journal your story and have for almost fourteen months. I have attempted to tell your story to the best of my ability. 

Your faith and determination to honor God has blessed untold numbers of people and lives as a legacy through your family and those you have touched. 

I remember when you started this blog almost five years ago the enthusiasm and energy you had in developing it. Week after week and then month after month and now year after year you wrote, and now I have written daily for you for some fourteen months. This has been one amazing, incredible journey that one day our kids and grandkids will read, view, and watch with appreciation for your faithful and committed life and service to them and to the Lord.

Thirty-seven years is not long enough to be married when you share the sweet love that we enjoyed. We did so much and walked together with an honest and pure love. I still wipe tears over our blessed and wonderful years we lived as husband and wife. 

You gave me the most beautiful daughters and stood faithfully at my side to help me serve as a pastor and church leader. Wow, did we ever live and have fun!

I have written daily about you and all you have meant to me. I could add more, but you know the christian romance we shared. We had fireworks, sparks, sweetness, and joy mixed and intertwined with eternal purpose. You made this Alabama boy a better man and a true romantic. 

Your articles, books, and this blog have touched millions and heaven will record the full magnitude and impact of your romantic, sweet pen. I tried every way that I could to support and encourage your efforts and vision to write. Many years ago the Lord told us that we would write together and bless many people. You kept faithful to your calling to the very end and God truly blessed your hard work, and together we wrote and shared to encourage others. 

Sweetheart, I love you dearly and thank you for all you did to bless me, our daughters and grands, our family, the churches we served, and many others we do not know. You did good and made life better for all of us. 

We all miss you terribly. The girls and the grands hurt and hurt real bad, but we are going to make it. You showed us how to live with joy and die with dignity and peace. That cloud of peace and chair of strength are still with us. God is so good. He will not fail.

You told Julie and Norma the plans God had for me with Wanda before you passed. I am awed at your insight, love, and kindness to bless me and push me to move forward with my life. How did you know that Wanda was the one God had for me? You are one classy, spiritual lady. You knew my needs and loved me more than one could ever imagine as you released me to God's full plan for my life. I am grateful. Just moments before you went to heaven when I asked you to tell Jesus to send me help, I didn't know that you already knew who the help would be. You are amazing! 

It won't be long and all of us will join you. Life here is brief, but eternity is forever. I will live for the day that we all see each other again in heaven. With God's help, I will be faithful and finish my life with commitment and determination to honor God and give Him glory just as you did.

Kristy, thank you for loving me and walking with me and blessing me. 

Milton

***

Tomorrow will be the last post entry on this blog for some time to come. This blog will always be here for you to read, and on rare occasions in the future there will be updates. 

Thank you for all your prayers and kindness to Kristy, me, my daughters, and our family. 

May God bless you.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

Well said Milton.

Blessings,
B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Your letter is beautiful and I look forward to your new blog. I sure hope you have some pictures on it. My curiosity is getting the best of me. I am happy for you and have sure enjoyed reading your posts. God is so good to us. Your daughters seem like such sweet girls and I enjoy reading their comments too.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Mliton,
Thanks for sharing this sweet letter with us. I have appreciated your courage and honesty throughout this journey. You and your family are very dear to me.
Sending love and prayers,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my favorite post of all. So, so beautiful and loving. What a wonderful, wonderful husband. One of a kind!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God richly bless and keep you in the days to come. You and Kristy have given us a clear picture of God's plan for a marriage and all that he has in store. You will finish the race.
Sue Maley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home