Monday, January 12, 2009

THOUGHTS AND MORE THOUGHTS


ANOTHER POST BY MILTON:


For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


***


I am winding down my thoughts to be posted on this blog. It is a great blog started by a great, classy lady. Stroll back through Kristy's past writings and you will read a love story that will continue forever. 

Kristy oozed romance and she made me a romantic. I assure you that Wanda is and will be a recipient of love cultivated in me that will  show and share romantic expressions in both word and deed.

I will write more. Wanda and I have agreed that I will write more but it obviously will have a new and different view. 

Today as I talked with me sister Norma she offered a book title that I may well use as I write the love stories of my heart. I will tell you the suggested title at a later time. This will be a connecting story linking the past love with the new love. I believe it will make a great book. Hopefully one day you will see it in print.

New love, after sharing love as Kristy and I did , takes some adjustment and time and the ability to let the new cultivate and grow. I am so very thankful that God brought Wanda into my life now rather than a year or two from now. Every person who loses a spouse deals with it in different ways, but for me it would have been unbearable to face without the love and comfort that Wanda has been able to share. She has been kind, gracious, and amazingly secure through all this process. 

Today Wanda went to church with me where I pastor for the first time. My parents were there along with sis Norma and Ron, her husband. I briefly introduced her to the church and she greeted the people with grace, humility, dignity, and class. Her sweetness and love reached out to people who still hurt over Kristy's passing. Wanda told the church that she loved Kristy and understood their hurts. She said that she loved Kristy too. She said that Kristy was her mentor and they were friends. Wanda made an amazing speech that really touched my heart and I believe touched all who were present.

The new blog is coming, but for the next couple of days or so my girls and I will write reflective conclusions for this part of this blog's life.

I hope that many of you will post your thoughts in the comments section about Kristy and her impact on your life. It would bless my girls and me if you did. I will include some of the comments in the main body of a future post. Thank you for your love and prayers for my family and me. I am grateful.

This christian love story will continue and will always be here on this blog. It will be a testimony to Kristy's heart and love.

8 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Since finding this blog recently, I have thought of the days spent in Leesburg with your family and playing with Jennifer. Kristy was a special lady. May God bless you.

Leslie Hollingsworth Liedy

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't find this blog until well after you had taken over the writing duties for Kristy, but I've since gone back and read every single post. There are two things about Kristy that have impacted me especially: her sense of "whimsy" and her grace above everything.

Her sense of whimsy, from the bug she hid in your toolbox to the peanut butter knife and the literal "red-nosed reindeer" hung on the wall, was hilarious without crossing the line into vulgarity. Life with her didn't seem to be boring, ever.

It is her sense of grace, however, that is apparent in absolutely everything about her. The way she handled her diagnosis and everything that came after it is inspiring, and I hope that if I should ever face something similar, that I will handle it with the grace and class she did.

You were lucky with her. I am thrilled that you are moving forward with your new life, as Kristy undoubtedly would have wanted. I am eager to see this phase of your life unfold for you.

All the best,
Heather

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MILTON MAY GOD RICKLY BLESS YOU AND WANDA AS YOU START A NEW LIFE. I HAVE KNOWN YOU FOR A LONG TIME AND I PRAY GODS BLESSING UPON YOU AND WANDA AND SOUTHSIDE ASSEMBLY.

ROCK AND CHARLENE

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger A Romantic Porch said...

My life has truly been enriched from having read this blog and following this story. Thank you for sharing from your heart. May God richly bless you and Wanda, your families and your church. Sincerely, Rachel Going

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

I observed in this blog a soldier in the Lords' army. Kristy fough her battles in life with her full armor of Christ on. She wielded that sword of the Word of God, as she wrote of love and marriage and life and trust. She fought the good fight of faith through all of lifes challenges and in that final blow she accepted it with dignity and grace. She truly honored her king and her husband and her family. She was a blessing to my family when we saw her at church on various occasions as we sat under Pastor Terrys ministry off and on since the late 70s. It was a pleasure to just have her around. Truly her presnce did light up the room, and that flaming red hair helped her to! Hah!
Milton, you are a blesed man, to have had her in your life, and to have her blessing as you walk on in this life with Wanda. Consider yourslf twice blessed.
I am enclosing a poem I wrote for Kristy. If you will allow me to post it again. I will see you soon at Trinity
tom

Safe and Secure

Safe and secure in Jesus Christ
In Him she has hidden all of her life
Reared in His shadow and master plan
Shielded from harm by His mighty hand
Taken from evil and pulled near to Him
Rescued from torment and all that is vile
Kept in His presence gazing on His smile
Wrapped in the garment of praise to her King
Shouting His praises she dances before Him
Loving her Savior with fervent desire
To serve Him in gladness and joy
What joy, what faith, what Love for Her God
How faithful, how loving, how true
Anointed, and blessed and kept in Hs care
Trusting Him always keeping Him near
Raptured in His presence in true Love Devine
Taken from care and placed in sweet peace
Feeling redemptions sweet release
Knowing her life is hidden in Him
Holding her heart in His nail scarred hands
Every beat, beats for Him
Every thought is captured by Him
Her desire is to see Him in His glory Devine
His countenance she longs to gaze upon
She aches for His sweet embrace
She longs to hear Him say
Come hold my hand and don’t let go
Hold on tight as we journey on
I will lead you where you need to go
Follow me closely, walk with me
To wonders unseen and treasures unknown
To the depths of my being, the depths of my heart

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion of name for your new blog...."Hearts Revival"

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a bittersweet feeling--mostly sweet--that you will be closing the door to this blog. Of course it will be open, but it won't be the same. It's the only way to move on, though, and I'm happy that you and Wanda are doing it together.

May God give you both the grace to wait on Him, understand each other's ongoing "moments" when past memories will undoubtedly cross your mind's eye...and above all, may your daughters and grandchildren, Milton, embrace your new life in a healing way. It is still so fresh for them, and it will take time. But what a testimony of God's grace--and Kristy's gracious spirit--to hear them express their love for you and their total agreement with your new life.

Wishing you all God's best!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Milton, it is bittersweet. That's the only word I can think of that best describes how it feels from this reader's viewpoint. Kristy's blog has been part of my life even before she was diagnosed with cancer, and I will sorely miss it. But knowing that you are moving on, and with a special person, is heartwarming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home