Monday, November 06, 2006

I'M NOT LETTING ANYBODY STEAL MY JOY

I'm not letting anybody steal my joy
Won't let the devil, my mind employ
I have informed him that I'm not his toy
I'm not letting anybody steal my joy.

That's an old chorus that packs a punch.

I'm not letting my husband steal my joy.

Or,

I'm not letting my wife steal my joy.

I'm not going to let my joy or lack of joy be determined by others' actions or words.

Occasionally, a friend of mine says, "The same pants he got mad in, he can get glad in."

You can also say, "The same pants she got mad in, she can get glad in."

That means, basically, "Jim (or Jane) is upset, but that's not going to upset me. He (or she) will just have to get over it."

The Bible says, "The joy of the Lord is my strength."

The devil knows that. That's why he likes nothing better than to see us upset (and in some cases works against us to see this happen). But we can't allow the way other people act determine how we're going to act.

How is your joy level?

Do you need a fill-up?

The Lord will do it.

Just ask him.

And remember, don't let anybody steal your joy!

Your spouse.

Your friend.

Your relative.

Your neighbor.

Your coworker.

No one.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

No one and no thing. I need this one today. Thanks.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Glad my words ministered to you today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home