Thursday, September 01, 2005

THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN, PART 4

Sorry my picture makes me look cockeyed. Don't know why, except I'm standing in the sunshine in front of my trio of citrus trees-orange, tangerine, and grapefruit--and the sun makes my light-colored eyes look funny. At least in this small version. My eyes really are looking straight at you, even if they appear to be looking sideways. :) That reminds me of a church member from long ago. One eye looked straight at you, and the other did an around-the-clock. I never knew where to look when I talked to her. :) I didn't want her to feel self-conscious.

I just read the review of the movie The 40-Year-Old Virgin on the website I posted yesterday: www.pluggedinonline.com. I absolutely cannot believe the garbage contained in it. Up until then, I didn't even know it was rated R. I thought it was PG-13. I'm so lilywhite, it sounds like it needs an X rating. Do they even have X ratings anymore? I wouldn't know.

I'd like to applaud all virgins. That reminds me of a joke. (Remember, this is a joke. No pastor would ever do such a thing.) One Sunday morning, a pastor said, "I'd like to honor all the virgins this morning. If you're a virgin, please come up to the platform and let us recognize you." Six young ladies made their way to the platform and lined up facing the audience. One of them was great with child. "Ahem--" the pastor cleared his throat, looking at the pregnant one "--I said we'd like to honor the virgins." "Yes, sir," she said, her eyelashes fluttering, "I'm one of those foolish virgins." I don't think that came across as funny in writing as it does in the telling of it.
If you've kept your virginity--or claimed secondary virginity and pledged abstinence from now on--God bless you. A reward's coming. Just keep doing what you know is right. Keep taking the hard right over the easy wrong. Keep saying no to the good (yes, sex is good) so you can yes to the best.

And now, let me bless you, as they did in the Bible. I bless you in the name of the Lord, that He will give you strength and fortitude to continue this walk, that He will go before you and clear the path, that He will guide you in all truths, that He will bless you abundantly because you are seeking after Him, for the Word says, "Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you." In Christ's name. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home