Tuesday, May 23, 2006

MY PRINCESSA

I'm living another type of Christian love story right now. My daughter Jennifer and her two children are visiting from their home in San Juan. When my two-year-old little granddaughter Claudia throws her arms around my neck then looks at me with her sparkling eyes, I just melt. When my five-month-old grandson Lorenzo gives me one of his ear-to-ear-grins-with-dimples-on-both-sides, my heart turns a flip-flop. Today at Target, Claudia shouted, "Princessa, Nana, princessa," when we came to the pink princess dress aisle. So naturally I had to buy her one. She's strutted around the house with it on, looking like...well, a princess. No prettier, with her light brown curls and dark-fringed eyes and rosy cheeks and prissy ways.

Ah, love...

Thank You, God, for Your blessings on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home