Friday, July 14, 2006

COMMENTS ABOUT MY KISSING POST

Wednesday, I blogged about kissing (see post, below). "Kissing—Is It Good for You?" is the title, in which I quoted some interested "facts" from Marriage Partnership magazine.


I got some fun, interesting comments about it. Here they are:


"Okay, that's hilarious, Kristy!! And MUCH MORE fun than an aerobic workout!! Gotta go. Hubby is home on vacation . . . . ;-)"


"This is totally hilarious. I love it!!! Sounds like me and my husband. So why aren't we skinnier, eh?"


To that one, I replied:


"Right, Michelle. I should weigh 98 pounds instead of....! LOL"


"Funny and steamy! Loved the scene breaks, Kristy! Why does the world think they have all the fun? LOL If they only knew. :o)"


"Well, I think I'll go find my dh and lose some weight!"


"hehe...loved the post! My hubby and I kiss a lot, but I'm thinking we need to try the one minute lip lock and maybe the 20 second rule. ;)"


I replied to the "steamy" comment: Steamy? Funny, you should say that. Years ago, before I was published, a person read one of my manuscript and said, "Quit reading all those Harlequins, girl! Don't write like that." Me? Who'd never read a Harlequin in her life? My mama wouldn't've allowed me, if I'd wanted to. I was just writing romantic scenes from my innocent point of view. Ah...


For my post entitled "Falling in Love Again" this past Monday (see post, below), I received these comments:


"That was so sweet and meaningful. As a pastor's wife with grown and growing kids and the some of the same wonderful stress of ministry and everything else...it's great to have a marriage that if fullfilling and God-honoring. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing this and reminding me to count me blessings and enjoy all God has given me, too."


"Ah, the sweetness God has for couples who obey and stick. He causes you to fall in love all over again. Yes, I've been there, too. ;) - for 35 years, going on 36. I can't believe it, sometimes I still feel like a bride."


Our daughter, who blogs at http://its-all-about-him.blogspot.com said, "Oh, Mom, that's WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and Dad! God is so good! I praise God for you!! You are a wonderful role model to your church and also to your children (me) you are such an inspiration to many. I thank God for creating you so beautifully and uniquely.I'm so proud of you and Dad!!"


"Thanks so much for sharing this, Kristy. I hope to meet Milt someday. I'm sure he'll be as sweet as you are!"


"Oh! This was a wonderful story, Kristy! Because of the beautiful way you retold it, I feel as if I was there, in the congregation, seeing all this happen firsthand. What a blessing this was for me!"


I replied, "Thanks for your kind comments. Appreciate them. My desire is to see marriages strengthened. Maybe somebody's reading this, and your situation seems unhappy, or, impossible. With God, all things are possible. Keep believing. Keep hoping because the fruit of hope is joy and peace according to Romans 15:13. And when you have joy and peace in your marriage, well, you've found gold!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home