Tuesday, September 26, 2006

HIS THIGH RUBBED MINE!

I’ll never forget the moment. It’s forged in my memory for all eternity. It happened to me, the woman who touts herself as “wife, mother, and great lover,” based on Titus 2:5 and Proverbs 31:11 (KJV), the woman who calls her husband “my hero” and proclaims that he’s her all in all, the woman who’s taught women across the nation on the subject, “How to Love Your Husband,” the woman who proudly and publicly promotes to couples to “revisit the sizzle,” meaning to keep the romantic sparks flying between you and your spouse.

I’ve never given another man a thought. Why should I? Milton and I constantly revisit the sizzle. Grin. But that’s another post...

That morning at work, I was sitting at my desk, quietly and industriously going about the business of the day at my new job. It was a one-woman office, and the bosses were frequently out, and this day was no exception. I was all alone. The door opened, and in came Ben (named changed).

“How’s it going?” he said cheerfully in his customary way. Ben was a salesman who popped in occasionally to show us new product lines. He was tall, slim, nice-looking, outgoing, and convincing, i.e., able to sway--all the attributes that make salesmen good at what they do. Selling.

I had talked with him numerous times, but since I tend to be reserved around people I don’t know well, especially men (which is a good way to avoid temptation, even nip it in the bud before it gets started), I had never been overly friendly with Ben. I’d certainly never talked with him about anything other than new products.

As Ben walked toward me, I pushed back my chair to get up. For sure, he would have new catalogs, and I decided it would be easier to thumb through them and hear his spiel at a table nearby. My desk was full of work I’d been poring over, and there wasn’t a square inch of available space.

“No need to move.” In a flash, he pulled a chair over to mine, placed his catalogs atop my desk, and promptly sat down.

Okay, I thought, sitting back down and eagerly flipping through one of the catalogs. I’ll do it your way. As I studied his catalog, I felt it.

His thigh--gasp!--rubbed against mine.

Politely giving him the benefit of the doubt, I decided he was leaning in to look more closely at the catalog. Naive me.

His thigh--gasp!--rubbed against mine again.

Harder.

Eegads. This had nothing to do with that catalog, and I ain’t buying what you’re selling! I moved as if touched by fire, rolling my chair a safe distance away, praying under my breath the whole time, asking God for deliverance, begging Jesus to come back--now! Grin.

Continued...

###

By commenting on my blog any time, or emailing me at the Email Kristy button under "Links" in the right column, you're eligible to win a Christian love story (novel). The next giveaway is A Carol for Christmas by Robin Lee Hatcher.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Marion Kelley Bullock said...

Interested to know how you handled that.

Marion

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

See tomorrow's post.

Thanks, Marion, for posting!

God bless--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home