Wednesday, September 27, 2006

NOT EVEN A HINT OF SEXUAL IMMORALITY

Yesterday, I blogged about a salesman sitting down beside me at work and showing me his catalogs, and gasp, his thigh rubbed against mine. Two times. Eegads. I knew right then and there this had nothing to do with his catalogs, and I wasn't buying what he was selling!

I moved as if touched by fire, rolling my chair a safe distance away, praying under my breath the whole time, asking God for deliverance, begging Jesus to come back--now! Grin.

Thankfully, the story has a happy ending. Ben got my message loud and clear, left almost immediately, and I changed jobs soon after. No more Ben, hallelujah!

We need to be morally pure and not give in to the temptations of the world around us. Every person makes a choice every day to be morally pure. If we’re unmarried, we choose to refrain from immorality. If we’re married, we choose to stay true to our husbands.

Ephesians 5:3 says, “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality...because these are improper for God’s holy people (NIV).”

“That’s easy,” you may say. “I would never commit adultery.” If that’s your stance, praise God. And I don’t say that glibly. That’s exactly what I’m aiming for in writing this post--that you will pledge to this high standard and keep it.

However, we should be very aware of the temptations that are around us every day, everywhere.

The Apostle Paul said, “So be careful! If you are thinking, ‘Oh, I would never behave like that,’ let this be a warning to you. For you too may fall into sin’” (1 Corinthians 10:12, TLB).

We are living in a day when sensuality pervades, and now more than ever, we need to make a resolve to be pure. I had that resolve when good ol’ Ben came along.

But what if I had been on the outs with my husband at that particular time? What if I felt the need for affection and attention, and my husband wasn’t giving it, and I let down my guard just a little? I shudder to think of what could’ve happened.

Guard.

That’s an interesting word, which brings another word to mind.

Fort.

To Be Continued…

###

By commenting on my blog or emailing me by clicking on the Email Kristy button under Links in the right column, you are eligible to win a Christian love story (novel). The next giveaway novel is Robin Lee Hatcher's newly-released A Carol for Christmas.

3 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Remade Gold said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. 0=) I'm going to look forward to reading your blog. ~Craving daylight, Remade.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Welcome to Christian Love Stories, Remmie. God bless--

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow i have come to see this scripture as a very good boundary for Christian singles.

Many of us are struggling with lust. One fact i have noticed from our Lord is that He always encourages us to get better.

So i think that if we strive to make sure there is not hint of sexual immorality in our lives then the problem of lust will be sorted by default.

Lust is just a step futher from 'hint of sexual immorality'

A hint can be anything that conveys anything about sex. it can be the flirtatious look or the thing rubbing. Lets watch out that we don't lead others to sin through our actions especially people that we are involved in relationships with being friendship or dating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home