Wednesday, January 31, 2007

IS HE GETTING WHAT HE WANTS?



Someone commented on my blog on Monday when I wrote about teamwork and our spouses helping us:

"Hubby, who swore he would never, ever fold clothes, now regularly helps with the laundry. The other day, he and I cooked together. And I thought, 'Isn't this nice?' Gee, if I'd known all of my perceived rough spots would smooth out in the end, I'd have spent a lot less time stressing. When I'm fairly certain I'll get what I want in the end, I'm really good at waiting! Makes me wonder if he's getting what he wanted at last???"

Kristy, here: Her comment went straight to my heart. Yes, Milton helps me around the house more than he ever has before. And he gets my gas for me most of the time because I don't like to touch those germy handles. He does yada, yada, yada (lots of things) which please me.

So, am I doing some things that please him? I know I am. We've been married long enough that I know most of his needs and desires.

But I thought of something I can not do (stop doing) that will please him.

And I believe the Lord put this in my thoughts because I sincerely and continually seek Him and desire His will in my life, and I know He wants marriages to be strengthened and enriched.

###

"Lord, please help me to minister to my husband in the right ways, not just in my way of doing things. Help me to see new ways to please him and be his helpmeet. Thank You, Lord, for Milton. Please equip me to be the wife he needs. Bless him, Heavenly Father, and help him to fulfill his destiny which you have called him to do. In Jesus' name. Amen."

###

These pics, above, are candid shots. We didn't pose, well, Milton didn't. I always smile when I see a camera. It makes me look better. :)

Milton looks surprised in the second one.

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Good post, Kristy.

Rachel

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

When I thought about my writing goals for this year, I also thought about my personal ones. And one of them is to honor my husband more.

Your prayer touched my heart.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Right, Patricia. We need to show honor.

Thanks for commenting, all.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy I am sometimes amazed how simply how described the subject in an interesting way......Frankly I really don't have that capability...Undoubtedly a great blog even the way you present...

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks for your comment. Appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home