Friday, March 16, 2007

WHAT'S IN MY REFRIGERATOR? COME SEE

FUN FRIDAY!


Okay, what's in your refrigerator? Anybody want to take the challenge of taking a pic of it and giving us a link in my Comments section? At the top of my fridge is a banana cream pie a parishioner made for us. Yum, yum. And fruit juices, grape and apple. There are plastic containers of leftover rice (Southern staple for all meals :) ) and gravy and creamed corn. There's strawberry bagel spread and other stuff behind. Next shelf has a large container of bottled water and fresh strawberries (yeah, they're in season) and Cool Whip and flavored coffee creamers and canned fruits and OJ. Next are bagels and breads. Next are containers of leftover chicken (to go with the rice and gravy) and leftover spaghetti and spaghetti sauce and then eggs. I interviewed an excellent cook for an article when I wrote for a New York Times subsidiary, and she said, "I cook it up, and then we eat it up." I like to say, "I don't serve leftovers. I just double-cook." I'll tell you what, when you're in a hurry and you've got to rush to a meeting, a piping hot plate of spaghetti and sauce that you had last night or the night before tastes wonderful. Behind all those things are eight cans of Slim-Fast I bought months ago when my daughter was on it. This reminds me: throw them out tomorrow. Next is the produce drawer full of salad makings and potatoes. Last is the bottled water drawer, and if we have company Coke and IBC root beer. Milk, butter, jellies, and condiments are on the door.





This is a picture of my "spilled" cup of coffee. Lotsa people do doubletakes when they walk in my kitchen and see that (teehee)!

Have a fun Friday! Lord knows, we need it. We had four deaths last week (my husband is a pastor), and we did a lot of comforting.

9 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

You've got to be kidding??!!!?? Post the inside of MY fridge onthe Internet? Yikes! The Food Police will come and lock me up!

I don't go IN the fridge. There's things in there that I bought before my first novel!!! It's now my husband's department, and he's a mad scientist!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Ane. You. Are. A. Scream. Ah, come on. Play!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Lena Nelson Dooley said...

Refrigerator? What's a refrigerator?

Just kidding. I don't have time to do much in the kitchen right now.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Richard L. Mabry, MD said...

Kristy,
Thanks for the challenge, but Kay would kill me if I posted a picture of the inside of our refrigerator. (Just kidding--my dear, sweet wife is a great housekeeper). On the other hand, I just posted a picture of our remodeled kitchen on my blog earlier in the week: rmabry.blogspot.com
Will that do?

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Kaye Dacus said...

Hey, Kristy! Thanks for tagging me--I couldn't for the life of me come up with something to blog about today!

Here's mine: http://kayedacus.wordpress.com/2007/03/16/whats-in-your-fridge/

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Miralee Ferrell said...

Hi Kristy, I love the pic of the fake spill with the coffee cup, bute idea! Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your kind comments on my piece on prayer, I appreciate that. Hugs, Miralee

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

You all made me laugh. I'm going to your site, Kay and Dr. Richard!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Danica Favorite said...

How sad. I have tons of work to catch up on and when I saw in your sig line that you were doing refrigerators, I had to take a peek. I love this idea! I won't do mine because it's embarrassingly dirty AND I think there's not much in it. :)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Hi, danica/dream. Thanks for your comments. Glad I piqued your interest. Come back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home