Friday, September 21, 2007

LOVE LETTER FROM MILTON



Dear Kristy,

We're not apart enough to write you a letter, but I thought this would be a good time to send a note.

I miss you but am glad you could attend this conference. You have always been a blessing to our ministry. You are the consummate minister's wife.

You mean more to me than I can express. Your pretty red hair, pure heart, and pleasant ways are so attractive to me.

Have a great time! I love you with all my heart.

Love, Milton

***

Milton and I spend very few nights apart, and it's always been this way. He just never wanted me to leave him. He wrote the note, above, a few years ago when I was attending a Focus on the Family ministers' wives conference.

***

The Tale of the T-Bone

We'd only been married a few years. My parents were going to visit my brother and his wife in New Orleans, and they called and asked if I wanted to go with them. They would pick me up, they said, since the town we were living in was enroute. I hadn't seen my brother and his wife since they'd moved to New Orleans; I really wanted to go.

Milton gave his okay, and being the good wife that I am, I made sure his clothes were washed and ironed and there was food in the fridge.

"There are a couple of T-bones in the fridge," I said, knowing he loved steak and feeling good that I'd seen to my husband's needs, for Genesis 2:18 says, "And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone. I will make a helpmeet for him.'" The ML says, "'I will make a suitable helper, completing him.'"Proverbs 31:15 says, "...she provides food for her family." Proverbs 31:27 says, "She watches over the ways of her household." Proverbs 31: 11 says, "The heart of her husband safetly trusts her."

Off I went and had a great time. When I returned home, I was cooking supper that first night and pulled out my cookie sheet to bake some crescent rolls. I was surprised to find that it had a big black circle burned into the center of it.

"What's this?" I asked as he came into the kitchen. It was my brand new cookie sheet. Money was tight, and it was ruined.

He took the cookie sheet from my hand and placed it atop a burner. "I cooked my steak on it."

***

That's one reason he doesn't like my leaving him. The poor man can't cook a lick. There are other reasons, too...

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

That's funny! I would hate for my cookie sheets to be ruined, but I'd be glad to know that at least hubby had eaten.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, he ate well that weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home