Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cookin' in Kristy's Kitchen

She is a flash in her kitchen. Gourmet meals ordered up in minutes. I've come home these last days for a few moments rest and walked through Kristy's kitchen reflecting on and smelling the aroma of past meals. Meals served with love, laughter, and lavish passion. Her kitchen has been open to people of all strata's. Everything always scrumptious and pleasingly presented.

Some time back she wrote a cooking column for a New York Times subsidiary that was printed in a weekly column. It was called "Kristy's Kitchen" and had a vast audience who loved her delicious recipes and warm, homey stories of life. The editor told her that she got more mail response than anyone at the paper. Those columns would make a great book.

We moved into a new home several years ago in Leesburg, Florida, and two days after moving the boxes and furniture into the house she entertained our district officials, some pastor friends, and Dr. George Wood and his wife Jewel, now the General Superintendent of The General Council of the Assemblies of God. The house was immaculate and the serving in Kristy's Kitchen was fit for kings. If I had not been there, I would not believe it myself. She pulled it off in grand style. That's just her way. Kristy's kitchen was ready for business.

Her kitchen is a place of warmth and of a welcoming spirit. Everything in its place and ready to turn out the most delectable meals, but not a place that made people uncomfortable to be.

But the thing that is best about Kristy's Kitchen is that she has always served her man well. She has cooked lovingly with her hero husband in mind. Each meal presented beautifullly and deliciously.

This is part of her romance. Her love of life. Her lovin' her man.

When you walk into your kitchen today--look around and let the aroma of family living touch you again. Catch the passion of Kristy's kitchen and let the cookin' (and lovin') begin.

How is Kristy?

She had a much better day. Meds are beginning to level out more. Her sodium level has been low and the trauma of the surgery has taken of tough toll. But she's headed the right way. In a day or so we hope to be home. We're praying and believing for a miracle.

I Haven't Forgotten

I saw a parishioner tonight that told me that these blogs have touched her heart. She said she had called her husband who is out of town to be his cheerleader. I pray that some of the romantic sparks from our lives will yet touch others to bless and strengthen couples.

My thoughts to the men are yet brewing. There is something for a few men to learn through this unusual journey of Kristy and me. I haven't forgotten. It is coming...so get them ready.


I feel the love and prayers of thousands across our Nation and other parts of the world. From Australia to Austria, people have sent commitments of prayer. Surely a miracle is on the way.

Keep praying for Kristy....for us.

Her Husband, Milton

18 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I awaken in the night and pray for Kristy, you and your girls. I, along with other old classmates from SEBC are praying for a miracle. "Nothing is too hard for God."

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my fondest memories and remembrances come from times spent in the kitchen with my maternal grandmother as well as my father's stepmother and other family members or those of friends. Thus, kitchen memories are like a good meal; they are very much recalled after a meal; and may be duplicated somewhat, however not entirely. I do know cooking is indeed one of Kristy's many God-given talents; and your family is very blessed by that as well as her courage and determination to beat this illness much like a cook would beat up some eggs or whip cream. So, we all should keep "cooking" up good thoughts and prayers for her and all of your family. That way we will all have a recipe indeed is worth sharing with all. Love to you and Kristy; as well as the rest of your family. Jerry and Ginny Griffin

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton, Thank you for these updates. I continue to pray for divine health for Kristy. May the Lord bless you both with many more decades of romantic love, delicious meals, and laughter. Your love story is an inspiration to many.

Nancy

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton and Kristy,
I continue to pray for you and your family during this time, but I have to say--your daily blogs have been an encouragement to me over the last week. You see, my darling husband is home recovering from knee surgery and is not a happy patient at times. So I began quoting the verse at the top of Kristy's blog to him--I have found my true love, I will hold him and never let him go. It seems to calm him during those times he's frustrated and reminds me how much I love him. So thank you for sharing your love for one another and your faith with me during this difficult time.

Blessings,
Patty Smith Hall

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Son, Milton, our first born what a commendable blog. This is realy 'meat'.
It has been our privilege and pleasure to enjoy on many occasions the rich tasting from Kristy's Kitchen. She is a first class lady.

We love you both dearly and constantly holding you before God's throne of grace.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
Kristy learned it well in her mothers own kitchen. I remember as a child it did not matter who showed up at Aunt Grace's house (unexpected) after church, she always seemed to have enough food for everyone & was always so gracious. It was almost like the 2 fish & 5 loaves of bread story in the Bible :). Of course I did not think much of it then, but looking back now, I don't know how my Sweet Aunt did it. We also had our Nana Conners who could cook the best eggs in the world, as well as many other dishes & her baking was out of this world.
Kristy not only got her cooking gift from her mother & grandmother, she also received her love for her God from their teachings. I feel in my heart that Kristy will come out of this with a healing victory. This to shall pass... She will have so much more to write about.
I am praying for her, you & the Girls.
All my love,
Lori

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Praying that Jesus will wrap you in His loving arms, bring you healing, joy and peace beyond measure.

Thank you for sharing your journey. My prayers cover your family.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Milton, I look forward each morning now to your update on Kristy and your sharing your memories with us. I'm praying that maybe even on Thanksgiving Kristy gets to come home.
I noted in today's blog you said you moved to Leesburg a couple years ago. I'm wondering if ACFW has the correct address for you. Can you send it to sectry(at)acfw.com to be sure the ACFW board has the correct address. We on the ACFW board are all praying for Kristy and once she is home we'd like to send her cards. Thanks so much.
Blessings to you and Kristy on this incredible journey. To God's glory.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,
Thanks for the updates. I look forward to checking every morning to see the progress showing what God is doing. I remember the smells of my Mom's and Grandmother's kitchens and the love that was felt. Our continued prayers are with both of you.
Love,
Linda Reece (cousin-in-law)
Birmingham, AL

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Thanks once again for a touching update. Still praying!

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you noted, all over the world God is alerting His people to pray for his anointed cheerleader and her family as they pass through this dark place. We won't give up on our prayers, and as Thanksgiving is fast upon us, we will thank the Lord for Kristy and her family who are represented here and continue to ask for her whole recovery by His divine touch. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your update, We have you in our prayers. We know God is able.

God Bless
Rock

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,

Thanks for another encouraging message today. I am in my kitchen, wearing my KISS THE (COOK) BRIDE APRON and remembering the fun Kristy and I had brainstorming that book. She has always had so many creative ideas in the kitchen, in her writing, and I am sure in many other areas as well. Our prayer team continues to lift up Kristy, her family and your church. I am thanking God for you all! He loves you and will carry you through.
Love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Milton, know that thousands of people all over the world are prayign for Kristy and you.

Already the two of you are touching lives with this testimony. But then, Kristy always did with her blog.

Tell her we're believing for a miracle.

But should God decide He needs her, tell her to hook up with Jane Orcutt and start a Hevenly chapter of ACFW and get ready for the rest of us.

You loving sister-in-Christ,
Ane

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My husband and I are being blessed every day by reading this blog. He can't wait to read your upcoming message for "the men." :) Thanksgiving being given to our God that Kristy is feeling a bit better, and prayers for her complete healing.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That last post is from Katy McKenna, an ACFW member. Sorry!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton & kristy: You both are in our prayers daily - know this is a trial of faith but God will win out. What a testimony you all will have - we know God is a miracle worker. Hugh and Shirley Stanley

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger SRI said...

This bought back memories of cooking with my nanna. It always amazed me how she could make a meal from thin air...and I was blessed that she past that love of cooking onto me.

Did Kristy ever come out with a Kristy's Corner Cookbook? That would be snapped up like...well...like hotcakes!

Thanks for continuing to update everyone, it's an honour to pray for you all.

Lee
from Downunder

 

Post a Comment

<< Home