Thursday, November 01, 2007

LOTS TO DO



It's November 1, and when I looked at my calendar today, trying to plan some things that need doing relating to the church, my writing, and some personal things, I went, "Yikes." From now until New Year's, it'll be a race. I sorta' feel like this picture of a cross-view of the interior of someone's head with a ticking bomb inside.
Not!

I really feel like this person leaping in the air for joy. That's how I feel about life. I just love it and am thankful God gives me breath to live and work for Him.

But the next two months will be busy for Milton and me!

Rewind to Sunday. Sunday and Monday nights, we had a drama at church entitled Fireproof. Wonderful! Wednesday night, we had our Harvest Festival, and besides the children of our church enjoying it, we blessed a large group of children newly arrived from Liberia, Burunda (I've never heard of it either), and the Congo, who are now attending our church. They don't speak English, so when we were doling out hot dogs and homemade chili and Cokes, there were puzzled expressions all around. But when we led them to the fun booths and held out candy, their eyes lit up. No confusion there!

This Saturday, we have our Ladies' Afternoon Tea, a prissy event that's so much fun and so meaningful. And I have some planning meetings for children's ministries, and then there's the normal stuff of church work that's too numerous and detailed to list here, events to attend, etc., committees to gather information for and meet with, and then there's a church Thanksgiving dinner coming up, and then Thanksgiving will be here with our huge family, where the many kids of the family enjoy pony and horse rides and trampoline jumping and hoop shooting at Milton's sister's home down the state. She lives near a carriage museum, and horse and buggies or carriages go up and down her lane all day. One of the brothers-in-law sometimes brings his flying machine and flies over the treetops, so it's quite a day.

Then comes our missions trip to the Dominican Republic where we'll build a church building and minister in services Then, on the way back, I'll swing through San Juan to see our daughter for a couple of days. How could I not? The plane goes almost right through there. :) Then, December is upon us, and it's decorating inside and out and shopping and baking in preparation not only for our family coming, but also the annual board and staff party at our home where I have place settings for 30 for a formal sit-down dinner. And tuck into these things all the church Christmas parties we'll attend and the musical drama, and...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, add to all of that my never-ending novel writing, what I'm called to do. I had a breakthrough yesterday. I wrote and wrote and wrote, and it flowed, and it wasn't hard like it has been. Thank You, Jesus! Gotta' work on my proposal, retooling the synopsis to reflect the changes.

Oh, happy day.

Seriously!

God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home