Thursday, December 27, 2007

HANDFULS OF HAIR...COMING OUT

HANDFULS OF HAIR…COMING OUT

Yesterday, a couple of handfuls of hair came out.

This morning, it happened again.

"Look, Milton." I pointed.

Rushing past…"I can't."

***

MORPHINE!

My supposed-to-be-three-or-four-day-hospital-stay turned into nine due to complications. Four of them, I was incoherent. The one thing I remember was begging for morphine.

Sis Singing Sandra bent over me and stroked my forehead. "Kristy, you just had some. You can't have any more for an hour." She lovingly patted my cheek. "Do you want me to sing for you?"

"No. I want morphine."

Sis Norma bent over me and stroked my forehead. "Kristy, you just had some. You can't have any more for an hour." She lovingly patted my cheek. "Do you want me to pray for you."

"No!" I shrieked. "I JUST WANT MORPHINE!"

They told this story to all the family and friends at the hospital, and everybody got a laugh.

***
DELIGHTFUL DINING

Brother Terry and wife Sandra from South Carolina came yesterday and took us to lunch at one of the restaurants lining the riverfront--our favorite place to eat.

***

ANGELS
My "angel,"what I called the "floaters" in my right perfiphereal vision in my right eye, have subsided somewhat, thankfully. I was seeing people-sized objects and kitty cat-sized objects, and one day, the tall kitchen faucet shrugged her "shoulders" at me, but now, all I see is a fringe of fireworks occasionally.
I've always liked fireworks. Our city--and beach--have The Best Fireworks in the Nation.
***
COMMENTS...SO ENCOURAGING
The comments in the Comments Section on Milton's last article, "One Great Nana," triggered these responses from me: Rose, Julie, thank you for your comments which confirmed some things in my heart.

Thanks, Lee, from "Down Under." I'm touched by your prayers all the way over in Australia.
Thank you, Nicole. May God bless you. Kay, you made me cry. Thanks for your comments. So true. Thank you, Rebecca. Thanks for using the word "shine" about Milton and me, as another Commenter did above. I've always wanted my "light to shine for Christ." I've prayed since I was diagnosed with GMB brain cancer that God would let that happen, and these comments about "shining" are confirmations.Ane Mulligan, you are one wise woman. A dear friend and encourager, and an Understander of All Things.

Thanks, Mark and Glenda White, dear, dear friends from our college days when we all married and started into the ministry about the same time. Thanks for your prayers. My eyes welled with tears when I read that you set your wrist watch to beep every hour and then prayed for me.

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, sorry to know you've lost some of your gorgeous red hair. I'm sure it'll grow in beautifully when the treatments are finished.

By the way, I'm looking at all these places you and Milton visit in Florida and thinking you should write a Florida travel guide. You two sure do know all the hot spots!

Love & prayers,
Nancy

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Now's the time to get a snazzy red-haired wig. Something long and flowing maybe LOL. Sometimes when people's hair grows back, comes in curly.

I'm praying as always!

Pam

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Also sorry about the hair! I'm sure it will grow back even thicker and shinier. Hang in there--we are all praying.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

My cousin said, "Real love is when your husband shaves your head for you." You both will get through this part, too -- together.

I would apologize for making you cry, except that I don't think tears are a bad thing. And God has collected them in His bottle and recorded each of them in His book!
Keep shining!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristi,

I am praying to Jesus every day for you.

I know he is holding you in the palm of his hands.

My daughter Lisa is a friend of Priscilla and Julie.

So many of us are here in cyperspace, loving HIM, and you also.

Arlene

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy,
It is so good to see you and Milton enjoying time with Terry and Sandra. You all are truly a wonderful family. You continue to be in my prayers. I am anticipating the news of your completed miracle and so grateful for how far you've already come. I love reading your blogs. You and the whole Roberts family are very dear to Ralph and I.
Love, Mary Jo

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Milton and I just read all these comments. Thanks so much for them and for your prayers and for your encouraging words.

Arlene, I'll tell Julie you commented and find out who you are.

Mary Jo, thanks for your comment and your calls and love and prayers. We go back a long way, don't we? I was in your wedding! What a great influence you were on me as a teenager. You were the best Christian, and you inspired me to draw closer to God. You're a great friend. Love you.

Nancy, Pam, Robin, Kay, thanks. Kay, in that last comment, you made me cry in a good way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home