Tuesday, December 25, 2007

DECORATOR TREE?


Last year, I designed and created a decorator tree. I used ornaments with real peacock feathers (it doesn't hurt the birds), and I had long peacock feathers and turquoise spangly things shooting out of the top like a set of fireworks.
I created matching table arrangements, and when we entertained the board and staff of the church (about 30), the four tables looked so pretty.


This year, instead of a "decorator tree," we have a "delightful tree." We let the children hang ornaments wherever they wanted, and we allowed them re-hang them. We never got to put up the lights or decorate the top of the tree, but that's okay. We're happy.


On the family room mantle, we hung the red stockings they "glitter-glued" their names on.
ALEXANDER (ALEX)
NICHOLAS (NIC)
CLAUDIA
LORENZO

Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Kristy. And may all your Christmases be bright in the joy of the Lord.

Praying for you.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

"Bright in the joy of the Lord," Nicole? I LOVE that.

Not only will my Christmases be, but that's what I strive for: to be "bright in the joy of the Lord."

Man, you're a good writer!!

Thanks for that uplift!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Dear Kristy, both of your trees are beautiful, and you are, too! As I read James 5 today I thanked the Lord for healing our daughter almost two years ago from duodenal cancer after the elders laid hands on her and many prayed the prayer of faith, and I also prayed for God to answer our prayers of faith for you! love, rose

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat Christmas decorations........pretty too!

You are in our prayers and hearts. Both of you are being very brave........we're extremely proud of you.

Love ya,

Mom & Dad Dykes

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Kristy, I've been a bit scarce the last few weeks, preparing for the holidays. I haven't had a chance to stop by your blog as often as I wanted to, but I pray for you every day and so enjoy your and Milton's posts.

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

http://www.dayleshockley.com

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristy! I love your children's tree. For years and years my main Christmas tree was very elegant - some antique family ornaments, everything balanced. I even made sure all the gifts were wrapped in shiny red or green paper.
Last year when we moved into our new home near our two grandchildren, we got a tall, skinny tree like yours because it was the only kind that would fit in our smaller living room. Since our eldest grandchild was only 18 months, and Christmas in our house was all about her (besides Jesus), I decorated it entirely with Santas. All the ones she could reach were soft and unbreakable. It is still an elegant tree, but our little Mookie (who is now "two half" according to her) loves taking the Clauses (as she calls them) off the tree and carrying them around. Her baby sister at 7 months loves to hug them.
So, I applaud you for making a special children's tree. I'm sure Jesus is smiling in His manger.
Love, Bonnie
bengstrom@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home