Wednesday, December 26, 2007

ONE GREAT NANA....



Milton, here:


Kristy has always been a great story teller and loved to entertain children. As a teenager before we married and entered into the ministry, she has loved kids and shared God's love with them. She has served as a children's pastor, youth pastor, SS teacher, church secretary, church publicist, women's ministry leader...., and has done about every job in the church except serving as a lead pastor. She has done them all well.


I marvel at her talent, energy, and passion to do God's work. Her strength is returning and she is talking about writing and church work. It is truly amazing what God is doing in her life and in our home.

Last night, for the first time since surgery, we had two of the grands stay over. What does she do? At bedtime, later than usual, she gets the story books out and reads them to Alexander and Nicholas. They love her reading to them and the way she adds to the stories by her enthusiasm and animation.


I heard her say just a couple of days ago how much she loves to teach kids, but she is also master speaker for adults having traveled all over speaking in the largest as well as the smallest churches.

But her great love for little ones starts right here at home in the most sincere and loving manner.


Today the kiddies wanted some fresh grapefruit juice from our trees out back. What does Nana do? Well, just look. That's Kristy's way.... squeezing every ounce of grapefruit and juice out of life.

She is one great Nana...


How does she do it all? Its called passion for life.

That's me in the background loading the dishes again...and again...and again. That's life too!


8 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Milton and Kristy,

So happy to see you enjoying your grandkids. It's wonderful to know you were reading to them and making special memories!

Sending love and prayers,
Carrie

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

THanks, Carrie. It's been a wonderful, blessed Christmas. I've been thanking God over and over, just praising Him for His goodness to me.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Dear Milton, You darlin' thang, you (Southernese. You make me feel like Mother Theresa. My eyes misted as I read your post. Wow, what a man! Love you, Sweetheart. -- Kristy

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Merry Christmas Milton and Kristy. I'm playing catch-up. The post are so wonderful, despite the topic. Your tone inspires me.

Praying for you and a blessed New Year.

Love, Rachel

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristy & Milton,

As always, thank you for sharing your lives with us. We continue to pray for a healing.

Will you be returning to the healing room? If so, give us the time and date and we'll set aside special prayer time again while you're there.

Your grandkids are positively adorable! What a beautiful family and a lovely home. The Lord's fingerprints are all over your lives for all to see.

Love always,
Nancy

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

So good to hear from you, Rachel! I've so missed reading your daily blog -- RachelHauck.com. Haven't read blogs since before my surgery on Nov. 15.

Love you, Rachel, dear friend.

Thanks, all, for your comments.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next to my mother, I believe the most influential person in my life as a little girl and pre-teen was you Kristy. When Milton says you have a true love to minister to children, I can attest first hand as a recipient. Although you are not much older than me dear cuz, you stand out in my mind as if you were my "big sister". Taking me to the youth outings, I was so "lucky" to be able to participate in these things before any of my other friends....The time you made my posters when I was running for Student Council, and also the time you took my sister and I on a date with you and Milton. This was the first time I had ever had on a pair of ice skates. I even remember asking you personal questions that night about "what you HAD to do after you married Milton....my words then were eewwww!!!. These of course are just a few of the memories I have. I love you Kristy and just wanted others to hear from a first hand recipient of your love for children.....Your cuz, Jeri

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Wow, Jeri, I just discovered your comment, after scrolling down. Thank YOU, sweet cuz, for this words. You're dear to me, too. Love you, Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home