Sunday, December 23, 2007

I CAN'T FIND GOD!


Milton, here:

For some months Claudia, our three year old granddaughter, and I have had a running discussion about her not being able to find God.

It began on vacation last summer when she said that she had been looking for Him and couldn't find Him.

"Where is He, Papa?" she asked. "I've been looking and looking."

I thought and then said, "Claudia, He is everywhere."

With talking hands she shook her head and with much expression said, "Goddd... is everywhere??? Buttt... nobody can find Him?"

We laughed and laughed about that.

Now for months, she and I have talked back and forth between us about her and God, but she had not been able to find Him.... :) until just this week.


On Monday I picked her up from the learning center where she has been staying and she announced to me, "Papa, I found God!"

"You did," I asked?

"Yes, I found God," Claudia responded again with real confidence in her voice.

"Where did you find Him?" I asked.

She said, "He was in a room."

"A room?" I questioned.

"Did He say anything to you?" I asked.

"Yes, God talked to me," she said.

"What did He say?"

"He said, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!"


And that's the Christmas story from a three year old.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL


2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Kristy!

Thank you for allowing us to journey with you.

My prayers are with you and your family.

In Christ's Love,

Lisa Buffaloe

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank YOU, Lisa, for reading my photojournaling account of my unusual story.

Thanks for commenting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home