Monday, October 17, 2005

WOMAN SWALLOWS HER CROWN

Today, my dh and I were having dinner with about 10 people at Roadhouse, and I SWALLOWED MY CROWN! But first, it got stuck in my throat. As I swallowed the bite of food, I thought, Goodness, something's hard in this. But the restaurant puts colored tortilla strips on each plate, and I thought I'd eaten a piece of one of those. So I swallowed and swallowed, and it wouldn't go down, and then my tongue hit a cavern where a tooth was supposed to be, and I hollered, "I just swallowed my crown but it's stuck in my throat," and somebody hollered, "Eat some bread!" and I did.

And finally, after a whole yeast roll, it went down. Years ago, I got a fishbone stuck crosswise in my throat and ate bread until it finally went down, and when I told my minister brother about it, he said, "That happened to a man in our church, and the fishbone punctured his intestines, and he died." Gee thanks, brother! I sure hope crowns don't puncture intestines. It had these sharp little edges...

What's this got to do with writing Christian love stories? Someday, this is going in a novel. It was so funny! (I guess it was funny because of my sense of humor.) Can't you see a dating couple in a restaurant, and this happens to her? Only, maybe he performs the Heinlich, and the crown goes flying across the table and lands his soup. Hmm. Wonder what he would say? Something funny of course. Unless he was a dud...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home