Monday, September 11, 2006

MARRIED FOR BETTER not WORSE

Saturday, we had a gathering of couples at a parishioners' home for fun, fellowship, and spiritual renewal. The guys grilled steaks, and then we ate sumptuously in a beautiful home on the water.

Then we gathered in their great room, and my husband Milton did an interesting, interactive teaching on marriage. His first segment was entitled "Married for Better Not Worse" in which he utilized a Walk Down Memory Lane technique. He asked the questions, below, and the couples responded. We learned a lot about each other, and during the session, every couple without exception edged closer to each other and locked hands. It was romantic.

Note: Keep reading to find out how to win Kim Vogel Sawyer's Christian love story (novel) Waiting for Summer's Return (Bethany House Publishers). You'll also find out who won last week's novel—Deborah Raney's newly-released A Vow to Cherish (Steeple Hill).

Try to find some alone time with your mate and ask each other the following questions as you reflect back. Then give each other a big kiss and say, "I'm so glad I married you."

1. Where did you first see each other? How did you meet?

2. When you first met, what attracted you to your spouse?

3. What do you remember most about that first meeting?

4. What caused you to ask for that first date?

5. What caused you to accept that first date?

6. What activities do you presently do for a fun date?

7. Name an attribute or characteristic about your spouse you have always admired.


WIN A FREE CHRISTIAN LOVE STORY (NOVEL)


By commenting on my blog any time, you're eligible to win a free Christian love story (novel). I'll draw a name each Monday. The winner for last week's contest is Margaret Feinberg. You've won Deborah Raney's newly-released A Vow to Cherish (Steeple Hill). Congratulations! Margaret, please consider posting a good review on christianbook.com and amazon.com in support of Christian fiction.

This week, you can win Waiting for Summer's Return (Bethany House Publishers) by Kim Vogel Sawyer.

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

I've had two people contact me, saying that can't post a comment. I'm so sorry. Don't know why. Please email me with your comment if that happes to you, and I'll add your name to the drawing. emailkristydykes@aol.com

Thanks.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

If you can't post a comment, try choosing "Other," below, under "Choose an identity," or, clicking on "as a different user." I've done that on other blogs, and my comments finally went through.

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully, three times will be a charm as this is the third time I've tried to comment here.

I thought I'd answer the questions.

1. I first met my husband in HS youth group.

2 quite frankly I wasn't attracted at all. I thought my husband to be was arrogant and smug.

3. Because all he did was sit quietly in youth group and when he did comment, he was snide. By my way of thinking anyway.

4. We were returning from a retreat, he and I, along with two others were cramped in the back of my sister's car. My sister mentioned that I was going to be sixteen soon and I had never been kissed. My htb stretched his arm around me, looked into my eyes and said. "Never been kiss, huh? I'll have to come over on your birthday just so I can be the first one to kiss you."
I was mortified, and probably as red as my sister's car. But soon I figured that he was only joking.
Imagine my surprise and his, when he came over to my house on my birthday and my parents had taken me out. He waited a bit, then call me later to say happy birthday.

5. After all that I couldn't resist.

6. For fun we build together, ride bikes, take long walks, go to dinner and a movie. sometimes the quiet calm of just being together sitting across from one another is the most wonderful feeling of all. It's real, it's secure. It's life.

7. What I admire most about my husband is his patience and gentleness. I've put him through the wringer many a times in the past twenty-six years. But he's pretty hard to rile.

7.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Great comments, Tina. I enjoyed reading about you and your husband. A Walk Down Memory Lane is enjoyable, right?

Thanks for sharing.

And thanks for trying to comment again. Choosing the right identity, below, is the key for some comments to go through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home