Friday, January 12, 2007

WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR OOH-LA-LAS?



FUN FRIDAY!

This is a very important question in marriage:

Where do you keep your ooh-la-las?

A. Folded in a drawer.

B. Hanging in the closet.

If you chose A, you're correct!

If you chose B, you're correct!

###

During the era of The Newlywed Game on TV and beyond even, the couples at our church loved to play The Oldywed Game at church parties, particularly Valentine's Day parties. We followed the same format as the TV show: the husbands exited, the wives answered the questions, the husbands returned, the questions were revealed, the points were tallied up. Then, the wives exited, the husbands answered the questions...

We'd all get a kick out of the questions and the answers. We always kept it clean and couth, unlike the TV show, which occasionally touched on the raunchy (Question: What's something your husband should do that he doesn't? Answer: He doesn't wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom). I still shiver thinking about that one.

At one of our parties, an o - l - d couple was chosen to be on the panel. Get the picture? That's spelled o - l -d. Set-up of our geography: we were pastoring in North Florida.

The question: In all the world, where would you like to go for a second honeymoon?

The answers: Paris. Niagara Falls. Hawaii.

The o - l - d couple's answer, both of them: Vi - dale - yer, George - ee! (That's Vidalia, Georgia.) We howled with laughter.

One of our men who had a great sense of fun once asked during the game, "Where do you keep your ooh-la-las? Folded in a drawer or hanging in the closet?" That was the closest question I remember that came to close to risque (for a church group).

And that's where I got the question for today's Fun Friday!

###

In searching for a picture for today's post, I thought I'd post a picture of a nightgown, model-less however, for propriety's sake. Not daring--or wanting to--type "lingerie" into Google, I took a safe stance. J.C. Penney catalog. There, I typed in "lingerie." The first item on the list was "flannel."

So not-t-t-t-t-t what I was looking for!

WINK

More choices: "Gowns and chemises." "Nightshirts." "Pajamas and boxers." "Robes." "Bridal lingerie." With a few more clicks, I found "stay at home socks." And "chemises and babydolls."

Aha.

"Chemises and babydolls" was more what I had in mind.

But then I decided to hunt for "feather boa." That's definitely an ooh-la-la!

Phooey.

No-luckee.

Good thing I don't need to order a boa.

'Cuz I already have one.

###

A giant question marked seemed the perfect picture after my search. When I found one with flames on it, I smiled.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Love the flames. We used to play the same game at our church Valentine's social, including some true newlyweds along with the oldies. Funny how often the oldyweds lost. (Maybe not in retrospect.)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Haha. A woman in our church handed Milton a Christmas present to give to me. Said she'd found some aqua slippers (that's my fav. color), and she asked him what size I wear. He didn't have a clue. He's never known my shoe size and still doesn't (or some other details about me). Doesn't bother me, though. He knows the important stuff about me. That's the best way to look at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home