Monday, February 05, 2007

SIX "WEIRD" THINGS ABOUT ME?


My friend, author Rachel Hauck, to your left (hiya, Rachel!)tagged me to "name six weird things about myself and then to tag six others."

Six weird things about myself?

The following aren't "weird," but they're things about me that most people don't know. Eegads. I'm embarrassed. I don't like revealing things about myself...

1) I've drawn two sets of dream house plans and then built them with my husband Milton which included manual labor such as painting inside and out, wallpapering, installing underground sprinklers, laying sod, and more.

2) I've written church plays, made the backdrops and costumes, and starred in them.

3) I've refinished antique furniture.

4) I've sewn my own outfits as well as my daughters, and I've made bedspreads and curtains. Recently, I upholstered a headboard.

5) I've painted murals and friezes on the walls of my homes and various churches.

6) I've been a secretary at a prestigious law firm and a preschool teacher before that.

7) I've designed custom kitchens for clients at a specialty cabinet shop, turning 1/4” scale plans into 1/2” by hand. Oh, such fun!

8) I've done almost every kind of church work there is, such as serving as pianist/organist, youth pastor, children’s church director, women’s leader, youth choir director, Sunday school teacher, nursery director, church secretary, choir member, events coordinator, and I've cleaned enough commodes to last a lifetime! I've also helped my husband manually build three churches.
Oh, sorry. That's eight. :)

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

And you still have time to write???

Kristy "Renaissance" Dykes. What haven't you done? And to top that off, you've got a great marriage. You are truly blessed.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

You're so sweet, Patricia. When I see a need, I try and fill it. Saturday, I went down to the church and worked in the nursery, throwing out toys, cleaning...
:)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Ooh, a fellow dream home designer and antique furniture refinisher. I've done the first, although not built...yet. And the antique furniture -- I still need to take care of that. :)

Now, I was also tagged, but I already used my "Monday Musings" today, so my tag will appear next Monday, Feb. 12th. Feel free to check out my site before then though for an author spotlight and insight into the lead character of my book which releases in January 2008.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Okay, Tiff, I'll check our your blog on the 12th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home