Friday, April 13, 2007

THE EYES HAVE IT




FUN FRIDAY!




I have a great sense of fun. There are several things around our house that bring some laughs.
We keep an arm coming out of our foyer closet, and it's created lots of laughter when people are visiting us. Milton jokes that it's an unruly deacon (we pastor a church), and when the deacons are here, they really get a laugh!


At Christmastime, when our 3-year-0ld granddaugther Claudia arrived and saw it, she drew back in fear. "I...I...don't like that," she said, pointing at it.


I knelt beside her and put my arms around her.


"I...I...don't like that," she repeated. "It don't have a...a...a eye!"


We all got a laugh, and then I quickly whisked it away and kept it out of her sight for the two weeks she was here.


When she arrived last week for her Easter visit, she spotted Rudolph in our kitchen. Rudolph is an impala from Zimbabwe my uncle gave me. He was a big game hunter who traveled all over the world. Rudolph was here at Christmas, but apparently she didn't notice him. This time she did.


"I don't like that," she said pointing, a whine in her voice. "It...it...it...has eyes!"




As they say, The eyes have it!
Have a fun Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home