Wednesday, April 18, 2007

MY NEWEST NOVEL!


My newest novel, The Heart of the Matter, has just been released! I received an author copy a few days ago, and it was as exciting as when my first book was published. To hold a book in your hands that you created is very rewarding. And to receive letters from readers telling you they enjoyed your book or were drawn closer to God through reading it, is even better. That's happened lots of times with the 10 titles I've sold, and each letter is a confirmation to me that I'm walking in His will. I like to say I write Christian fiction to fulfill The Three E's: to entertain, to encourage, and to enlighten.
The Heart of the Matter is published by Heartsong Presents, a division of Barbour Publishing Company. Approximately 23,000 copies will be shipped to Heartsong Presents Book Club members. Then, in about six months or so, it will be available in Christian bookstores or at amazon.com or christianbook.com.
The back cover has a nutshell condensation:
Dr. Jeris Waldron would rather help children than worry about hair and makeup. Widowed from a demeaning husband, she overcame her insecurities by pursuing a career in child psychology. With a new practice and a new role as a children's director at church, Jeris hopes to win some young hearts for the Lord. But her own heart is quickly won by little Brady Moore.
As a single parent, Luke Moore has little time for dating. But he'd like to marry again someday, and Brady wants a mommy. Luke's only trouble is finding the right woman--one who loves the Lord and is gorgeous, too.
A little matchmaking and Brady's endearing ways throw Luke and Jeris together. But can Luke overcome his vain prejudice? And will Jeris allow her tender heart to trust again? Will they let God show them the heart of the matter?
###
As with all of my works of fiction, The Heart of the Matter is scripturally based. The scriptural theme is: "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). It has a slight flavor of the classic novel Pride and Prejudice, in that the hero is prideful and the heroine is prejudiced.
My prayer today: "Lord, I dedicate this book to You. You gave me the creativity to write it and the strength to produce it, and I lift it up to You for Your honor and glory. Father, let someone be encouraged by reading it. Let someone be enlightened by reading it. Let someone be entertained by reading it. Thank You, Father, for Your hand on me. Thank You for the anointing to write. Please give me more stories that will honor You and Your Name. Please use me again in the ministry of writing Christian fiction. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen."

7 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

Amen.

Congratulations Kristy on your new release!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Cherie J said...

Amen! Congratulations on your newest release! It sounds wonderful!

Cherie Japp

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Cherie and Patricia! I'll do a joy jig for you on your releases. Just let me know! God bless--

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey Mom! Congrats on the release. I can't wait to read it. Will I have to wait 6 months until it's in the stores? I hope I can get it sooner. I love you and I'm so proud of you.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

No, darlin. You'll get your copy very soon. Barbour is sending me a box of author copies. Love you.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,

That's exciting to hear you have a new release! Congratulations. : ) I know it will touch a lot of hearts for the Lord.

Blessings,
Carrie T.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thanks, Carrie. Appreciate your comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home