Monday, November 12, 2007

ANOINTING OIL...OR SOMETHING ELSE??


Picture of "anointing oil" tomorrow. My site won't load it now.


We were at the doctor's office and hospital today for four hours, learning stuff about brains and getting pre-surgery labs done. I can't believe how small a female brain is! Dr. C. held it in his hands and showed us where my problem is. He talked in detail about what they're going to do to me, come Thursday at 5:30 a.m., and I got kinda' green around the gills. No, I didn't, really. That supernatural cloud of peace (heart-shaped?; see previous post) was hanging over me heavily.

A funny. We were all in the doc's examining room, and he stepped out to check on something, and Jennifer sees a little vial of liquid on his counter, and she picks it up and says, "Hey, Mom, you reckon (Southern term) he's gonna' anoint you with oil?" I said, "I hope so!" Since my ordeal began, I started carrying in my purse a bottle of anointing oil from Israel I inherited from my dear little Aunt Tine, and I have people anoint me all the time, according to James 5:14, 15 in the Bible: "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick and the Lord will raise him up." Then Jennifer quickly puts the little bottle down and goes, "Oh, yuck, what if this is a urine specimen?" and we all got the giggles and had to get composed when the doc came back in.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home