Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Where Is It?

Red hair has always gotten my attention. Before Kristy and our romance, I noticed some other red heads--but she has been my true love. I guess part of the reason for my love for redheads is that I heard my father talking about how redheads were special when I was a boy. Then as a teenager when my eyes turned toward the girls, it just seemed that the redheads stood out more.

Kristy has beautiful hair that is thick and eye catching. She has always dressed with the right colors to show it off. The greens and turquoises line her closet. Her hair is always styled and stunning when she steps out the door.

When this terrible ordeal began, we wondered about the hair--obviously not the most important thought but yet a thought and concern.

The neurosurgeon, Dr. Wallace, said not to worry for you won't lose much hair.

After the surgery on Thursday, the on call neurosurgeon (another Dr. whose name fails me right now) for this past weekend checked her on Saturday morning. He begin with a few questions and then said, "Let me look at your incision."

I had already seen it and knew what was about to happen.

He looked...and looked... and looked again. And said, "Where is it?" Then he said, "There it is. Boy did Wallace do a good job!"

Kristy lost no hair and the incision is closed so tightly you literally have to hunt to find it. When I saw it, I thought if Dr. Wallace did that good on the outside so that we had to hunt to find the incision then surely he did a good job on the inside too. I believe a sign for good things to come.

Today, Kristy was more herself and got her hair washed and made up. What a doll...What a doll.
And Ohhhh...what beautiful red hair!!!

How is Kristy?

She had her best day yet. She had a major sodium imbalance, drug reaction issues, severe headaches, and confusion these last days. However, on Monday afternoon she made a significant turn for the good. We weren't certain if some of these issues were tumor related or trauma from the surgery, but thankfully these are not her problems for now.

She is talking clearly. Very focused and has good memory recall. She may come home on Thursday or Friday. Pray that the headaches can be controlled and that the sodium levels stay balanced. Pray the remaining tumor traces will dry up and disappear.

It is Coming Friday...

What does a man who is facing the doctors news that his wife has weeks or at the most a few months to live say to other men? Find out Friday. It might change your marriage.

We'll Write Together Again!

Years ago God spoke to me and said that He would use Kristy in writing and that we would write together. I kept this to myself. Unbeknown to me, God had spoken to Kristy also about writing. Some years past before we shared what God had put into our hearts.

Most of you know about Kristy's books and over 600 hundred published articles, but we have also written together and enjoyed it so much.

I look forward to her coming home and writing with her. Also helping her fulfill her dreams whatever time God gives her and us.

We're believing and we're trusting. Keep praying for Kristy...for us.

Her Husband, Milton

4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Maggie Brendan said...

Milton, I'm praying continually for Kristy's complete healing. I pray for your family and especially you as you go through this with her. I don't know how you two could possibly become any closer than you already are, but reading your posts of your love for Kristy is truly sweet and humbling...

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Milton, I received a email asking for prayer for you all last week by Susan Pippin. Was I ever surprised as I clicked your link here, not knowing it was "the" kristy, I had just finished reading ,"Kiss the Cook". After checking this site daily for updates, I am in awe of you two, maybe I should say your whole family. So much love comes across.
My husband has terminal cancer so the Drs say. One thing I've learned is Our Dear Heavenly Father may very well feel differently. God has His own Plan , may not be the same as the Drs. His plan Always works out the best! They first told me he has 6 months to a year left, then later told me 2 months. That being last March.
Couple of verses keeps coming to mind, Philippians 4:6, also Philippians 4:13
Gods Love,word and promises are what keeps me going.
My husband survived a plane crash a few years back with over 49 fractures among other injuries. Then was told he would only live at the most 10 years, that was over 30 years ago.
The reason I wanted to post here is just to share what you already know, God still creates Miracles, I'm praying for One for Kristy and you. God Bless you both.
Jackie and Chuck Dedman.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome example you both are to us and to the entire body of Christ.Your love story has touched us both profoundly. We pray daily for complete healing & restoration.

Jack & Chris

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on God's bounty in our lives. I know you count your lives together as a continueal blessing in yours and Kristy's lives in spite of the trial you are facing right now. I think of how so much good does come out of the storms in our lives and how God will bring you both forth as gold. You and your family continue to be in my prayers, praying that God's will is for you both to enjoy many more thanksgivings to come to His glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home