Friday, December 21, 2007

VICTORY!


Written on December 16, 2007 by my brother, pastor of Trinity


Kristy, on the night of Tuesday, November 27, I felt a burden to “steal away and pray” for you. So I closed myself into my study, lay down on the floor, and began to intercede. I began by reminding the Lord how very precious you are to me, and how much we need you, and I asked Him to grant a miracle of healing. Within a few minutes a very strong spirit of intercession came on me, and I prayed quite a while under a sweet and effortless unction of the Holy Spirit.

Then, I sensed the shifting of gears in my spirit, and I began to sing an old song I haven’t sung in quite a while. The title is By My Spirit, and the chorus, quoting Zechariah 4:6, says, “Not by might, not by power, by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts…This mountain shall be removed…by my Spirit, says the Lord!” I can’t describe the sense of victory I felt in my heart as I sang that song, except to use that word – VICTORY! I felt the song was the Lord’s answer to my intercession for you. And the mountain that would be removed was the tumor.

But it didn’t stop there. Another song began to flow, unbidden, from some interior reservoir – Nothing is Impossible When You Put Your Trust in God. Again, the same sense of victory pervaded the atmosphere. After a while I grew quiet, just enjoying God’s presence. Then my mind turned to yet another old song, and this time I reached for the hymn book and looked it up: Faith is the Victory. So, I sang all three verses and choruses out loud, and had a repeat of the feeling of victory I had just been savoring.

The next morning, I called you to tell you about this, and asked if I could sing to you through the phone. You kindly agreed, and I sang all three songs for you. That night, Sandra and I were invited to a dinner in honor of military chaplains. As we were eating, someone shared a testimony of healing. In response, a young female Air Force chaplain said, “I want you to pray for me for a back problem.” So our dinner meeting turned into a prayer meeting. After praying for this young woman, I requested prayer for you, and they all gathered around and raised a wonderful volume of prayer. When the prayer subsided, the young woman we had previously prayed for looked at me and said, “I sensed VICTORY as we prayed – I don’t know all that means, but I sensed VICTORY!” Immediately I thought about my experience the night before and my own sense of victory and thanked her for confirming what I had already been feeling.

I’m writing this because I’m not sure how well you may remember the incident. You were not as far along in your recovery from surgery as you are now, and I want you to hear it again, now that your mind is clearer. I believe God did this not just for me, but also as an encouragement to you and Milton. Furthermore, I want to include the words to those songs here, and encourage you (or Milton) to read them, even sing them.

I love you, and I am believing God for your miracle of VICTORY.

Terry

BY MY SPIRIT (Hymns of Glorious Praise, p. 197)
Is there a mountain in your way? Do doubts and fears abound?
Press on, oh, hear the Spirit say, This mountain shall come down.

CHORUS
Not by might, not by power, by my Spirit, saith the Lord of Hosts.
Not by might, not by power, by my Spirit, saith the Lord.
This mountain shall be removed, This mountain shall be removed,
This mountain shall be removed, By my Spirit, saith the Lord.

Is there a river in your path, A river deep and wide?
Step in, the waters will roll back, You’ll reach the other side.

Is there a fiery furnace trial, far more than you can bear?
Behold the blessed Son of God, is walking with you there.

Then trust alone the mighty God. He speaks, the winds obey
Take courage then, oh fainting heart. For you He’ll make a way.


NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Nothing is impossible, when you put your trust in God.
Nothing is impossible, when you’re resting on His word.
Hearken to the voice of God to thee, Is there anything too hard for me?
Then, put your faith in God alone and rest upon His word,
For everything, oh everything, yes everything is possible with God!


FAITH IS THE VICTORY (Hymns of Glorious Praise, p. 195)
Encamped along the hills of light, Ye Christian soldiers, rise,
And press the battle ere the night shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe in vales below, Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know, that overcomes the world.

Faith is the victory! Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory that overcomes the world.

His banner over us is love, Our sword the Word of God;
We tread the road the saints above with shouts of triumph trod.
By faith they, like a whirlwind’s breath, Swept on oe’r every field;
The faith by which they conquer’d death is still our shining shield.

On every hand the foe we find, Drawn up in dread array;
Let tents of ease be left behind, and onward to the fray;
Salvation’s helmet on each head, with truth all girt about,
The earth shall tremble ‘neath the tread, and echo with the shout!

***

Kristy, here: Thank you, Terry, for hearing from the Lord. These songs are a huge comfort to me. And thank you for your prayers. The Bible says, "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16. KJV). The New International Version puts it this way: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effectual."

***

These pictures were taken several months ago. The babies are Terry and Sandra's new twin grandbabies, Ellie and Riley.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Rose McCauley said...

Another great encouraging post. When I read the Faith is the Victory song I thought I remembered a different verse, so looked it up and here it is:
To him that overcomes the foe White rainment shall be giv'n
Before the angels he shall know his name confessed in heav'n
Then onward from the hills of light, Our hearts with love aflame;
We'll vanquish all the hosts of night, In Jesus' conquering Name!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger SRI said...

I love that verse too, Rose, it's one of my favourite songs. The Lord is our strenghth.

Lee

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Beautiful verse, Rose! Thanks for giving it to us.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Kristy. She is so lucky to have you. Bless you Kristy.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

Amen Pastor Terry! What a blessing to hear from the LOrd who is our VICTORY. Kristi, I have to tell you, I have been spoiled by having such a good Pastor. He is a blessing, and I can tell by reading your posts that you both are much alike. I loved your Mother and your Father. They were always such a blessing to have around. I was inspired by their faith, and always amazed by their love. I am quite sure that their faith is living on in you and their other children. I am so encouraged by Jennifers post. It must have been glorious to have seen such wonderful things. May God continue to richly bless you BELOVED of God. tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home