Saturday, December 29, 2007

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL HE SAYS IT'S OVER!

Dear Kristy,

Larry and I have been keeping up with you via your blog. Please know that we are praying for you and Milton often as well as having you on our prayer team's prayer list.

As you are aware, my mom has been battling metasticized breast cancer in the bones for the last 7 1/2 years. She was given 6 - 12 months of quality life, per the doctors. Since then she has been to Norway, Hawaii, Los Angeles (twice for the Price is Right), Las Vegas (she loves the slot machines:)), on several cruises and has lived to hold 7 new great-grandchildren!

In 2000, she attended one of our campmeetings and received a word from one of the speakers "Lady, God said to tell you it is not over until HE says it's over!" This speaker did not know anything about my Mom. She has held onto that word. That, along with her great attitude toward life is what has kept her all this time. She is a real fighter and refuses to just lay down and die!

Sometimes we have to fight for what is ours! Fight the fight of faith!!

You have many people around the world lifting you and Milton up in prayer. When you get weary, we will help carry you in the Spirit until you are stengthened again!!

As for the wig, which is why I started this post in the first place:), when my mom's hair fell out for the first time 7 years ago, I went with her to help pick out a wig. I told her it was the perfect opportunity to be whatever hair color she wanted to be. And that she could even have a different haircolor every day if she wanted! Just remember that you will be beautiful no matter your haircolor and that your beautiful spirit will even outshine a bald head!!!

Larry and I love you and Milton so much. You both hold a special place in our hearts.

In Christ, Our Healer,

Elaine Millender

***

Kristy, here: This is from our dear friends Larry and Elaine Millender who pastor Abundant Blessings Church in Tallahassee, Florida. Thank you, Elaine. You have blessed me this night.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Elaine, your comments in the Comments Section, where I found this comment, blesses me so much. I laughed when you said your mother likes to play the slot machines, and I loved where you advised her to get a different wig for every day of the week, if she wanted, and I loved where the minister gave her that "word." Thanks, Elaine, dear friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home