Sunday, March 02, 2008

FAMILY FUN IN FLORIDA

The first of the week, I had a hankering to see Mom and Dad Dykes in Central Florida. Sis Tricia and Bro Rick live there, so I wanted to see them too. We made lunch plans for Saturday. Before we knew it, all of Milton's siblings gathered, all the way from North Carolina, Georgia, and various parts of Florida. It was a great day of good food, laughter, and family fun, along with some horseback riding on Tricia's beautiful horses and acreage. Gonzo, an Argentine thoroughbred, is a nice horsey!
Milton, here: It was the first day trip for Kristy since before her brain cancer surgery in November. We weren't sure we would ever have another family gathering like this due to the seriousness of her illness. But God is good, and we had a wonderful time with my siblings and parents.
Kristy, here: We told funny stories and jokes, and we laughed, and the kids were all over the property, and we laughed the afternoon away.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

I am so happy, I'm nearly in tears. I am very thankful to our Great God for His rich mercies toward you. Very thankful that you are feeling so well.
As a nurse, I've seen people with brain cancer. You need to know that whatever the outcome of this... God has done a miracle in you. There is no other explanation.
But I'm still praying for Him to erase that thing!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, Kay. He has done a miracle. Two, I can quickly think of. He's extended my life. And, He took away my claustropobia.

Another miracle. He gave me a cloud of peace that settled over me from the day I was given the signosis until now. No fear. No worries. I'm a lark singing for joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home