Friday, February 22, 2008

WRITING IS WORTH THE EFFORT...

Milton, here:


Writing is cold, hard, solitary work.

Kristy has slugged it out all these years to bless others. She has spent untold lonely hours punching keys that have turned into hundreds of published articles, 9 published works of fiction and four completed novels yet to be published as well as several hundred blog posts.

All the many comments that people have shared have encouraged us in this journey to victory. The comments reinforce the truth that that writing is worth the effort. Here is one that reminded us again that God is being glorified.

Bonnie said...

I stumbled upon your blog yesterday. I’d done a searching for something to cheer me up, as it’s the 20th anniversary of the death of my son. And I came upon a post written back in the summer on laughing clubs.

I began to read through the blog, and spent the last two days reading each post, catching up to today. I’ve cried and laughed as I read. As your neighbor said that the presence of God is flowing out of your home, His presence is also flowing off the posts on this blog! Praise God!

I’m praying for your healing. And I just wanted to suggest that perhaps if Kristy is up to it, she might find it enjoyable to fill some time talking out her book, on tape. And then she could type it up later. I’m looking forward to reading it!

In Christ's precious grace, Bonnie


***

Thanks, Bonnie for taking the time to share with us and also for your prayers and encouragement. God bless you.

It was interesting to me that you came to Kristy's blog to read a post she has written long before she was diagnoised with GBM. It is indicative of her many years of ministering love and hope to others. This is what makes this blog so special to me. It is a written reflection of Kristy's heart.

***

Thursday Kristy was able go to the church office and enjoy lunch with me and a couple from our church. It was a special time. She loves church work and loves to be with people.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I check in every couple days to read your blog... and wanted you to know... you ARE writing YOUR LOVE story!

I feel like I am reading a chapter from the pages of your lives. Milton and Kristy, what a delightful couple, each day as the pages of your life unfold, I keep praying for that perfect ending. "And they lived happily ever after."
You know something, I know they will. This story will have a joy-filled ending, no matter what. Because it is filled with the light of His love. Thank you for sharing your personal Christian romance with us...
You are in my prayer box and my prayer group is praying for you too.
MaryAnn Haslett
Pittsburgh, PA

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristy & Milton,

I try to tune in every day to read more about your beautiful real life romance. I agree with everybody who says you ought to select sections of Kristy's blog and put your love story in book form.

Thank you both for being transparent. For giving hope, faith, and love to all who pass this way. Jesus rains down His love on you, and you share the light of His love with us. Your kindness and generosity of spirit will be remembered always.

Continued healing for our dear sister, in the mighty name of Yeshua.

Love always,
Nancy & family

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I happened on your blog several months ago and truly feel the love of God and many prayers coming through this blog. I found myself praying for you all weekend right after I read your blog and couldn't understand how I could feel so strongly about someone I didn't know -- but's its your love and God's love coming through. Praying for your daughter's comfort too.

Love, Lynne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home