Monday, February 25, 2008

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

SISTER REBECCA AND BROTHER TERRY came to see me, and we had a great time. Rebecca is a little taller than me, but she had on flats, and I had on skinny-heeled tall boots. No more. Sometimes my footing isn't sure. Rats. It's sturdy shoes from now on, for the most part. Wink.




GIRL TIME Cousin Anita, sister Rebecca, aunt Jo, and I had lunch together then walked through SteinMart for 30 minutes. Good exercise for me, and I found another turquoise shirt. It's my signature color. It's also a universal color for all women no matter what their coloring. It brightens every face.

PLEASANT TIMES These were tucked into rounds of doctors' appointments, unpleasant side effects of medications, and an 8-day flu bug with chills and fevers. I'm feeling good now. "Lord, You are so good to me!" I say that all the time.

5 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said...

Kristy,
I'm so glad you were able to attend church yesterday--and then family night, too! God is so very good to us. One of our elderly ladies at church always says: "God gives us handfuls on purpose!" Yes, I did receive your e-mail about the CD. Thank you so very much for the kind and encouraging words! I e-mailed in response, but I think that's the time you had to delete all your e-mail to get started again. I was thrilled to hear from you and encouraged by your love and affirming words, as always! You were my "pastor's wife" at such an important time in my life! Your opinion is special and significant to me! Thank you so much for replying! Praying for you and Bro. Dykes!
Much love,
Lisa

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kay Day said...

So thankful that you are feeling better. You continue to be in my prayers.
When I pray for you, I just find myself asking God to erase that tumor. I get that visual every time.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this every day to stay informed, and encouraged. I don't often post, but I'm listening and praying.

Blessings,

Suzie Eller, an AWSA sis

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Lisa, for emailing me. always enjoy reading them and also your comments. They encourage me. Kiss your sweet baby and tell Mike we said hello. Keep keeping me in touch. I'm glad we can connect in this way. Love you and your family. You area blessing to the Lord.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Thank you, Susie, for your comments, kindness, love, and prayers. I'm so happy to hear from you. God bless-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home