Sunday, March 16, 2008

WE MAKE A GREAT TEAM


Milton, here:

This morning Kristy got up to get ready for church but just wasn't up to going. We had a full week and she isn't feeling quite as well as she has been. She told me that it literally hurt her physically to not be able to go. She loves going to church and worshipping God.

Two beautiful twin girls came with their aunt Hope from out of town hoping to see Kristy at church. They understood when I told them that she wasn't up to coming, and I gave them some of her books. They were so concerned about Kristy and shared their love and prayers. Their presence and prayers encouraged me.

God's people are the best. We have found new friends around the world who have faith and love. So many have prayed and believed for Kristy. Thank you for all your prayers for Kristy and for us.

As I left to go to church this morning Kristy took my hand and prayed for God's anointing and blessing as I ministered. I felt her prayers at church as I preached. My Palm Sunday message was entitled A Servant Who Saves. I encouraged our people to follow our Lord's example as He served willingly, faithfully, obediently, and sacrificially.

Kristy certainly has followed our Lord's model as a servant. Her hands are helping hands that are quick to reach out to others. She has always stood by me and with me. She is my partner in life and partner in ministry. Our journey together has been blessed and rewarding. We make a great team.


God is good.

5 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

I pray Kristy is feeling better this evening. I know it must dishearten her so to not be ableto make it to church, but rest assured church made it to her. There is no distance with God in His Spirits' realm, and I am quite sure her spirit was rejoicing in God her Savior, right there at home and Gods power was linking you there with her. I asked that our Sunday School class this morning at Trinity pray for Kristy, and pray we did! She is being lifted up before our Lord all over this nation and I am sure beyond in Austria and other parts of the world. May God richly bless you both and keep you under the shadow of His Holy wings. Your Brother in Christ Jesus, tom

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy were the twins Milton was talking about and I loved hearing Milton's service this morning. Hope you feel better, BYE!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Kristy and Milton,
Last week was a busy one for me and I haven't been posting comments. But, I haven't missed a day of reading your posts. It was so encouraging to read about having time with your girls and grandbabes. I can well imagine that by yesterday, you were exhausted.

I keep reading about all the outdoor things y'all have been doing and am a bit jealous. We've had a brutal winter in the Chicago area, and as I write it's only 33 degrees. Hardly seems like Easter. But then, when Easter comes in March it's hardly ever warm around here.LOL

Last week the ACFW board met in Minneapolis where the conference will be later this year. I don't think the temps ever got much above the single digits!!!

Reading about your faith, your love for God and love for each other is enough to warm all of us up.

I'm praying that God will bless you with enough strength to store up this week so that you can be in church on Easter Sunday.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father God, I ask for increased strength for Kristy & Milton. Lord, you are able to do all things! Oh Father, who could love this couple any more than you do or have the desire for their future, their peace. Father, I ask you to envelope them & their daughters & family with PEACE, WISDOM, HEALING, STRENGTH, LOVE, Lord you are the God of "more than enough"! Lord I pray Psalm 91 over Kristy today as she dwells in the secret place of the Most High, that she shall remain stable & fixed under the shadow of the Almighty (Whose power NO FOE can withstand!)............15 He (Kristy) shall call upon Me, and I will answer him (Kristy); I will be with him (her) in trouble I will deliver him (her) and honor him (Kristy).
12 With long life will I satisfy him (Kristy) and show him (her) My salvation. Father, continue to bless & heal today, In Jesus's name, the name above all names & that includes brain cancer! Kristy & Milton there is a helpful site listing all the healing scriptures in the Bible @ www.savedhealed.com/healing.htm. God Bless!

Shalom1

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy and Milton,
I've just returned from our annual women's retreat in Maryland. We stayed in a beautiful Christian Retreat Center called Sandy Cove. What a time of blessing we all shared as we watched Beth Moore on DVD teaching us about God's Love in her Loving Well Series.

Several of the ladies on our prayer team were there and they asked about you and we all prayed for you. You are on our hearts and in our prayers continually.

I'm praying you will rest in the love of the Saviour today.

Love, hugs, and prayers,
Carrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home