Tuesday, March 11, 2008

WHERE'S THE FAMILY? BESIDE US

It's a treat to see our daughters, Julie from Tampa and Jennifer from San Juan. Jennifer brough her two children, and we'll soon see Julie's two sons.

Our family, both our daughters and our siblings and Mom and Dad Dykes, have been a huge help to us during this time. More of our family--our church--has also strengthened us with their love, help, encouragement. They've brought meals to our house since this happened in November. My eyes tear up thinking of their kindness and love.


"God, You're so good to me!"
***
Claudia and Lorenzo enjoyed playing on our deck that faces the nature preserve. These azaleas are in a pale, magnificent pinkish lavender which Claudia loves. They don't have azaleas in Puerto Rico. She loves to pick them for me and bring them inside. We have a continuous bouquet when she's here.

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Kristy, you are on my mind especially today.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
It's a blessing to hear that you are surrounded by such love and comfort. Enjoy your dear family.

Today I opened a package from Barbour and was surprised to find a hardback edition of Kiss the Bride! It has been published in large print by Thorndike. I've heard of several Love Inspired novels being picked up by Thorndike, but never Barbour a novella collection. So watch your mail box. You should receive a copy soon. : )

Isn't it exciting to think of all those readers who enjoy large print being able to read our novellas?

Sending love and prayers your way,
Carrie

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger SRI said...

Hey there Kristy and family,

Just dropped in to say we're thinking of you and continuously praying

Lee

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Mary Hawkins said...

Just been reading through the blogs of the last few days. While I have been remembering you in prayer - probably often as you try to sleep when I'm awake here in Australia - I simply haven't got around until now to read your blogs. They are marvellous and, Kristy, I have been so blessed by yours and Milton's testimony of God's grace through all you are walking through. I particularly love the way your own love story is shining and reminded me once more to thank God for my own wonderful husband and the 43 years of ministry we've been able to share. Despite all the usual ups and downs of those years I wouldn't swap it for anything!!When we both love God and seek to daily commit to what He has for us, it is a marriage many dream of but only those who walk through marriage with Him can truly experience.

I will continue to check back here but I so appreciate the updates folk like Susan share on the ACFW prayer loop.
Love from another member of the Family, your sister-in-Christ Downunder, Mary H

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Story and Logic Media Group said...

Kristy I can't beleive someone has spammed your blog. The one above mine.

God bless you dear internet friend.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy & Milton, you guys inspire me. Today I found myself singing,

"What can wash our sins away, nothing but the blood of Jesus,
What can make us whole again,
nothing but the blood of Jesus..."

God bless you all abundantly according to His riches in glory!

You've got the best real-life love story I've ever read!

Much love & continued prayers to our heavenly Father for healing and blessings, mercy and grace,

Nancy & family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home