Wednesday, March 12, 2008

PUERTO RICO IS A LONG WAY AWAY



Puerto Rico is a long way away, but this week it came to us.

Our daughter Jennifer and her children Lorenzo and Claudia are visiting, as well as Julie. We will see her boys, Alex and Nic, soon.


Yesterday brought a wave of sadness to me but I kept it hidden. Why put a damper on happy time? The thing that kept my tears from flowing were memories of the many good times we've had together--visits, vacations, outings. I've made many memories with our children and grandchildren, and I treasure them, and I know they will always treasure them, too.


"Lord, help my family and church and friends as they walk down this path with me. When they're sad, bring them comfort. When they're discouraged, cheer them. When they're fearful of the future, take it away. 'Perfect love casts out fear because fear has torment ' (1 John 4:18), and Lord, we know YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF PERFECT LOVE."

"Lord, the day I was diagnosed GBM stage 4 brain cancer, You dropped a cloud of peace over me, and it hasn't left, and just as You did that for me, I know You will do that for everyone involved in this journey. I have confidence in You, Lord. The same day You dropped that cloud of peace over me, You slid a large "chair" under me, and it has held me up ever since.

"Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me."

***

Tomorrow I hope to write again about the "cloud and chair" and how the images came to me.

3 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger nanatrish said...

Kristy, you are such a gifted writer. You have a beautiful family. I feel they are so loving and appreciative of you. I am still here praying for you. Love ya though we've never met. Trish

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, my heart aches because the mother in me and the grandmother in me knows what a joy-sorrow mix these moments are with your loved ones. May you always feel the peace that comes when you rest in that "chair" and allow the Lord to cover you with his gracious "cloud".

If we could split your emotional and physical pain into chunks and each bear a portion of it for you, I know there would be a long line at your door. But we can't. We CAN pray, though, and that must be enough. We CAN hold your arms up as Moses' friends held his up in his wilderness journey when he was unable to himself.

I hope you feel those prayers and loving support today and in the days ahead. You are loved by all who have been touched by your journey. How cold we not? "We love, because HE first loved us."

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kathy Collard Miller said...

Oh, Kristy, your testimony of the cloud and chair give me such peace that whatever we each face, we'll be able to face it with the Lord's supernatural help. I can't wait to read tomorrow more about the cloud and chair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home