Friday, May 16, 2008

WHERE ARE THE KEYS?

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy is having a restful day. She fed herself this morning and is enjoying having Julie, Alex, and Nic here.

God is good.


***

For several weeks I had looked for Kristy's set of car keys that I had misplaced. Actually I had hidden them a few of months ago because I was concerned that while I was away from the house that Kristy might get confused and decide to drive somewhere. She hasn't driven since Nov 7, 2007, after her eye doctor said she had lost peripheral vision which led to her brain cancer diagnosis.

I couldn't remember where I had hidden them.

Don't laugh. You do things like this too.

I had looked all over the house repeatedly in the places that I thought I had placed them. Over and over I searched for them. My family had also looked for me and none of us could put our hands on them. It got to be very frustrating. Someone suggested that I pray about it and really I had prayed several times.

Have you ever lost something? I guess all of us have experienced losing items. One of my sisters lost her sun glasses only to find them on the top of her head. A sister-in-law was looking for something that she realized she literally was holding in her hand. Now, that’s bad.

Yesterday my sister Norma and Kristy's sister Rebecca were looking for a cake platter. They looked all over and asked me where it was. I looked and it was sitting right in front of them on the kitchen counter. HA!

Another sister-in-law told me that she once asked her husband where her sun glasses were and he said that they were on her head.

She felt her hair and said, "Where?"

He said, "They are on your face. Your wearing them!"

Thursday morning I prayed again and asked the Lord, “Please help me find these keys.”

I looked again with no results, but few moments later my sister, Norma, was helping with a matter as we were moving some items in the bedroom. All of a sudden there the keys were. For weeks I had searched for them and bingo, there they were.

I turned to Kristy's bed and prayed with Norma, "Dear Lord, you just helped me find Kristy's keys because I sincerely asked for your help. Kristy is more important to you than a set of car keys. Please, Dear Lord, touch her and make her well. I trust you and and know that she is in your hands. Amen."

Prayer works. It really, truly works. If we will turn to Him in sincerity in prayer, He will answer. God will help you if you have lost something or need help in another area. There is nothing to big or too small for the Lord.

Ask. Seek. Knock. That is the process. Try it again today. It works. I know. I found the keys.

11 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah.........how often He has found
things for us! We're standing with
you in the prayer for Kristy, too!
In Jesus Name!
Bob and Becky Creel

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about prayer and finding missing things. I believe it! The Lord helped me find countless lost things, from keys to a diamond necklace. He loves us and loves to answer the cries of our heart. All we have and all those we love are safely in His care. He is wise and loving and good. I am praying He will reveal more of His love and care to you today. I am praying.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Pastor's lose things too. :) I know what you mean. Thank God Kristy is feeling better and she has her grankids with her .
Still praying .
God Bless You All

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I do the same thing - put soemthing in a safe place only to forget where that safe place is! :D

Believing with you for Kristy and praying continually.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

We are joining you in prayers, Milton and Kristy. God CAN and DOES do miracles, and we pray for His healing hand to touch you Dear Kristy. Your warmth for each other is such a blessing to me, and I will ask God to do a mighty work! Kristin

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

You are so right, Milton. I can't tell you how many times that I have lost a contact lens (or my sister lost hers) and after searching high and low with no results, asking the Lord to help us find the critter. When there seemed to be no hope of finding it, prayer worked every time. I am a firm believer that nothing is too bit, nothing is too small. He delights in doing both for His children.

Love to Kristy... prayers going up.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Shana said...

amen!

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy and Milton,
We are so glad that Julie, Alex, and Nic are with you now. Please tell them not to worry about a thing here in Tampa.
All our love~Your Westchase Team

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Tom and Jan Bougher said...

Milton & Kristy - We continue to believe God for a miracle!

We listened to an old Andrae Crouch CD and thought of you guys:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation, Whom shall I fear? He's the strength of my life Day and night, No need to be afraid...
He carries me over mountains high, He comforts me through the valleys low, when I'm going through a storm I'm protected by His arms."

So many miracles we've seen you do Lord ... reveal your power, confirm your Word, heal Kristy we pray!

Tom & Jan Bougher

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Yes, Lord, You said, "With His stripes, we are/were healed." Please stop this cancer in its tracks, right now, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ."

Sending big ((((hugs)))) and blessings~

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing many times, Milton. I'll put something somewhere so I don't lose it, and then I can't find "it" later.

Later, when I'm frantically searching, I'll say, "God, do you know where I put..." Before I even finish the sentence, I catch myself and say, "Well, of course you know where it is. You're God. You know everything, but could you show me?"

He always does.

I stand in agreement with you for healing for Kristy.

In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, be made whole, Kristy Dykes.

Love to you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home