Saturday, May 10, 2008

TOO FUNNY NOT TO TELL...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Kristy rested in the night but with some pain. Her spirit is light and she keeps sharing about God's goodness.

***

Last evening I was in the family room with Norma and Ron and Judy, who are also ministers and family by marriage. We were laughing over something funny that happened. The nurse came into the room and for a moment we thought we had disturbed Kristy.

Norma went with the nurse back into the bedroom and Kristy was lying there with a smile on her face as she suspected what we were doing. Norma said, "We're telling our funny stories."

Weakly but naturally, she raised her hand and elbow and snapped her fingers in a humorous manner that let us know she was disappointed that she had missed a good funny.

That's Kristy.

***

Here is what we were laughing over:

While in Hospice, one of the nurses commented to Sandra, Kristy's sister-in-law, about how sorry she was that her daughter, Kristy, was in Hospice.

Sorry, Sandra, it was too funny not to tell.

We do love you. I didn't really want to share this story but your brother, Ron, made me. Oops! I forgot, he has gone back home. Who can I blame?

7 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Milton, I can tell you're feeling your cheerio's this morning! And, I'm sure Sandra is going to have a spiffy little comeback on THAT ONE! tee-hee! That's soooooo KRISTY the way she snapped her fingers, like - "Man, I didn't get to hear that one!"

Milton and Norma, I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO THINK I'm crazy, but OH WELL! Kristy and I have soooo many similar loves. (Like I love zebra print, the colors aqua, turquoise, accompanied by black - and I have similar tastes in my jewelry----then, I'm undressed without my PERFUME! Please tell me Kristy's favorite/s when it comes to the fragrance/s she wears. I just HAVE to compare notes, and see if we have this similar taste as well! I love my Kristy!!!!

Praying for you, LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Kristy and I could be sisters, and I feel like all of you are my family - YOU ARE MY FAMILY IN GOD!

With love and prayers,
Cathy

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey Cathy! My mom has always worn Oscar purfume but for the last year or so she's worn Miracle.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Poor Sandra! And how like Kristy to keep her sense of humor. That's one of the things that drew me to her in the first place. I sure the first thing (well, maybe the second thing) she'll do when she meets Jesus is to tell Him a story and make Him laugh.

As always, I'm praying for all y'all.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy is wearing her signature color gown and her Oscar perfume today. She looks really pretty and smells so very nice!

Norma

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have laughter in the house, even if at poor Sandy's expense. It's good medicine for everyone. ;-)

Without a doubt, Kristy sets the standard for beauty of a woman, wife and mother... inside and out.

Happy Mother's Day Eve to Kristy, and her daughters Jennifer and Julie, and all the other mothers that God has so richly blessed.

Still praying for healing, peace and comfort for all of you.

Love,
Dawn, Skip & Dallas Scott

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Ha! Poor Sandra, but she shouldn't feel too bad. She probably doesn't look that old, it's just that Kristy looks so young! I've always been taken to be younger than I really am. I hated it when I was young and wanted to be old, but now that I'm old I kinda like it :-). So Kristy enjoy while you wear your Oscar and signature color today.

And may you have a blessed Mothers Day tomorrow.

Praying as always.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Thank you for sharing the perfume news with me! Aren't we women so silly sometimes - but, I just knew she and I had the same similar tastes in perfume, as we do in soooo many other areas. Actually, I have worn Oscar at one time - some years back. I've never worn Miracle, although I'm sure it smells wonderful, if Kristy enjoys it! I usually wear Jessica McClintock or Amazing Grace, by Philosophy.---
You all are such a special family. Jennifer, please know I'm praying for you, honey. All of you need prayers for different circumstances. I know it's hard being away right now. But, just as you said - God told you, It's going to be okay. You can't understand that, but you know it's going to be okay. It's that confirming love of God just letting you know. Just trust Him. Breathe Him in, and it's going to be okay!

Love and Prayers,
Cathy

Norma~ I can just picture our beautiful Kristy in her signature color and wearing her Oscar - just like the little queen she is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home