Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'll SEE YOU SOON...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Jennifer wrote the following on her blog:


I'll see you soon

I've said before I'm not going to tell my mom goodbye.

With mom, I don't believe in goodbyes.

I don't understand why she has to leave this earth so early, I think we all thought she'd make it into her 90's. Not unusual for our family. However in the big scheme of it all I believe we are a breath away right behind behind her.

I left on Thursday and before leaving I wanted to let her know I was heading back home to Puerto Rico, to my son and husband.

I arrived at Hospice very early and sat by her bed watching the clock tick down the hours and minutes, knowing soon we'd be separated.

An hour before I left it was just the two of us in the room. She was sleeping peaceful and I sat by her bed, holding her hand and looking at her. It was a sweet moment, I prayed over her and committed her to Jesus. I told Him I gave her over to His care and trusted Him completely with this precious treasure whom I'm blessed to call my mother.

Before I left I held her close and told her I was leaving. She was alert and looked deep into my eyes and understood what I said. Her first concern was Lorenzo, my two year old. "Poor Lorenzo, he's been away from us for so long." She said.

We hugged and she held me tight and kissed me over and over saying "I love you." I pulled back, looked into her beautiful green eyes and told her I'd see her soon.

As I turned away she whispered "Be at peace." I turned back saying "mom, I'm at peace and you be at peace too. Everything was going to be ok."

I walked away looking back over my shoulder and our eyes locked.

Something that has happened only one other time after her surgery occurred. It's hard to describe but it's as if our souls were communicating without words, we were connected. Our hearts speaking to each other. In my heart I felt her comforting me and I heard "this isn't goodbye, we will see each other soon."

It was a mother and daughter knowing the time had come to be separated, not wanting to say goodbye. In that moment it was as if we both knew we'd always be connected, death can't sever us and soon we will meet again.

5 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton and Kristy,
I loved Jennifer's message. What sweet touching words of hope and blessings. Very fitting for Mother's Day. Jennifer is so right, nothing can separate us from each other when we love the Lord and have eternity to look forward to.
I am praying for you all tonight.
Love and prayers,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Jennifer, you're going to carry on your mother's ministry in being an encourager to others. Please blog here occasionally. I'm not alone in wanting to hear from you more. Your words are what all Christians can feel when a loved one passes into Heaven. We weep for a time, but have the joy of knowing this isn't the end.

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for posting during this difficult time. Please know, as Ane said, that we want to continue to hear from you. Let us know how to specifically pray for you, your beautiful children, and all your family.

If your mom is called to heaven soon, her mantle will be passed to you and your sister, Julie. Her love, as you already know, is undying. She'll have Jesus' ear, and will be continually praying for her beautiful family.

Her grandchildren will have the assurance that their Nana is in heaven with Jesus. I believe that young children understand this with heart knowledge, not head knowledge.

Still, we weep with you. I lost my sister and mom to cancer within a two year period. I have no other siblings. Even knowing they're with the Lord, every so often my dad and I just look at one another, shake our heads, in that silent communication you talked about.

We love all of you in Jesus. We continue to pray that you all feel the Lord's strong arms wrapped around you in His cloud of peace.

Nancy & family

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like Jennifer has her mother's talent for expressing herself through writing. This is beautiful.
I, too, think not of saying goodbye but, "Until later, my friend." You all are constantly on my heart.
Love, Kathy

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Your words moved me deeply. I can feel your emotions about your parting with your mom. My prayers are with you and your sister and dad.

Yvonne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home