Tuesday, January 06, 2009

READ WHAT WANDA WRITES.....

ANOTHER POST BY MILTON:

For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.

***


Today Wanda has written her thoughts on our new love and how God confirmed it in her heart and mind. She is a very committed believer and is diligent about her walk with God. It has amazed me how patient, mature, thoughtful, and kind she has been in this whole process of developing a friendship and a loving relationship--all while I write on this blog and the blogworld comments. 


My Mom mentioned to us last week that Wanda is a very special lady. Mom said, "Few people have the ability to walk through the last few weeks as Wanda with grace and dignity as Wanda has." 


I called Wanda. She did not call me. God put it into my heart to call her probably much sooner after Kristy's passing than I would recommend to others as a pastor, but God led that way and it was confirmed by family and godly counsel. 


But Wanda also faithfully listened to the Lord and followed His leading for her life. I admire her and am grateful that God brought her to me.


***


Here is what Wanda has to share:


After my husband passed away, I really had no desire for another mate.  Because of my great love for Jim, I had no desire to remarry as I felt that I would never be able to find anyone else that would be as great a husband and a father to our children  like Jim was. People told me that I would find someone else, and my comment was always that if it happened God would have to send him to me as I would not be out looking.  During this time in my life I just remained still as the Lord had told me,  and prayed  for the Lords guidance and direction in my life.   I had become comfortable with single life and felt that if this is what God had that it was okay with me.


Four years after my husband’s passing, I took a trip to New York with our current Pastor and his wife and the Lord used them to minister to me and help me realize that it was okay to move on with my life.  Sometimes the Lord just has to get you away to speak to you.  After I returned from this trip I finally realized that I had fulfilled my vows to my husband – till death do us part and that it was Okay to move on in life.  At this time I did change my prayer and began to pray that if the Lord did have someone for me that I was open, but that He would have to send him to me as I had said before , I would not go out looking.  


When Milton called me the first time I was surprised.  He told me that He felt that I had a need and he felt led to call me to see if he could help me.  


In my mind my first response was, "Yeah, right!"  


As we continued to talk during the next several weeks  I realized that maybe I did have a need.  I actually had someone to talk to at night and I was beginning to enjoy that.  I knew that God was beginning to do something in my life.  Milton had not shared with me any of the other stories, only what Kristy had said about us.


I began to really seek God in prayer as I did not want this to go any further if it was not His plan.  I went to church on a Wednesday night and our Children’s Pastor spoke that night on “I Surrender All.”  The scripture she used was the same one that God had been speaking to me right after Jim’s home-going, “Be Still and Know that I am God.”    I knew at that moment that God was fixing to do something special in my life and He prompted me again to Be still and listen!  


That is exactly what I did and the Lord began to give me scripture after scripture to let me know that Milton was the one  that He was sending  into my life.  One scripture was Jeremiah 29:11 – "For I know the plans I have for you and through this scripture he let me know that through my pain, suffering and hardship that he was about to see me through to a glorious conclusion."  


The morning after Jim’s passing the Lord gave me the scripture Philippians 1:12 “Now I want you to know brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advanced the gospel.”  This was such a peace to me as I knew that the Lord was going to use his death to further the Kingdom.  I have already seen this scripture come about in my family, within co-workers that  worked with Jim, and personal friends. They saw the life that Jim lived and realized that it could be taken away at any time and they wanted their life to count as Jim’s had.  


After talking with Milton and realizing that I was falling in love with him, the Lord brought this scripture back to me and let me know that through us, Milton and I, that this scripture was going to be fulfilled even further.


Another confirmation that all was going to be OK was I had gone to church on a Sunday morning and during worship I had strong urgency to go forward and get on my face to pray concerning all that was transpiring between Milton and I.  The Lord spoke to me and told me that this relationship was like a puzzle and that He was putting it together piece by piece and that when he completed it was going to be one beautiful picture.  That  was what I needed to let me know that Milton was the one that the Lord was sending into my life.  


After we had been seeing each other for several weeks I shared with my children about what all the Lord had told Milton, Jennifer, Julie and Norma.  My daughter then began to weep and told me that she had felt for some time that Milton and I would be together. There were many more affirmations that the Lord gave me. My pastor told me that the Lord had to give me this many to let me know that it was okay to move on with my life.  


And that is exactly what I am doing.

20 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, would you believe me if I say that the verse Phil 1 v 12 was in my mind when I thought of you and Milton together, serving the Lord.

I would like to add Phil 1 v 9 to 11 as a prayer for you and Milton too.

God bless.

Just me

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow........... God is so faithful.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO Pastor,

Now that you have found your new love, will you continue to be our Pastor, or are you moving on to higher grounds? It just sounds like from reading your previous post that you are wanting to go out into the mission fields and be a blessing to ours. Just a question that popped into my thoughts several months ago.

Thank you for being the Pastor that you have been through all that you have been through.

God Bless

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely post, Wanda.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, I am one who was a skeptic at first, simply out of love for Kristy. I believe God has allowed all these confirmations from so many people not only to show you and Milton his plan, but to be a witness to the rest of us that His word is alive! It works in wondrous ways that we could never orchestrate ourselves.

May the Lord bless and keep you, and cause his light to shine from your relationship to a world that desperately needs to see how personally and completely he loves each of us.

Please forgive my earlier feelings towards your relationship with Milton. I was wrong, and I'm happy to know that God is weaving beautiful golden threads through your relationship. I'm glad you're taking time and that Milton is getting counseling for grief. You are a patient woman and of course you have walked this path long before him.

It's a beautiful thing to see the hand of God so clearly. God bless you, and thank you for sharing!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Wanda..how awesome to hear from you, not just about you! I know us bloggers are not biological family , but we have all been adopted by the blood! Welcome to the family of bloggers..we already love you!

I know this is not a Christian movie, but at the last part of Lethal Weapon 4 (nice to watch on tv, language removed) one of the characters is talking to Riggs about how it's ok to love Lorna and not be unfaithful to his first wife who had passed away. He told the story about froggy, his childhood best friend that had died. Now Riggs was his best friend. One relationship wasn't better than the other; just different..

As you grow in your "different" relationship(from Kristy & Jim), know that it's going to be just that, different. May the differences be used to God's glory and make your relatiohship stronger and more fulfilled than you could possibly imagine.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New King James)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Blessings on "The Future."

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Comment 9:17

Yes, I will continue to serve as the pastor of Southside Assembly. My vision for this church is increasing and there are great victories ahead. God will use all of these events to bring glory to His Name and advance His Kingdom.

I love Southside and want to see many more added to the Kingdom here as we work together. There is great excitement in the air and God is going to accomplish significant things through our combined efforts.

Keep me and my family in your prayers.

Pastor Dykes

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

Pastor Milton, I rejoice with you and am reminded of a television series that I watched when I was younger that was called the A Team. Their leader woud often say during an episode, "I love it when a plan comes together!". I have to proclain with him, that I believe the Lord of Heaven has a plan that is coming together that will use the new union of your lives together in multiplied ways to serve Him in newness of life and bringing about His new purpose in both your lives to fulfill His glorious plan that He is unfolding in layers of mysteries revealed, writing His own love story, so to speak, that will bless the nations.
tom

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is, "Wow!"

Congratulations to you both on "hearing" and following God's lead!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wanda, That was just beautiful! I believe God as a lot in store for you! A great advancement for the Kingdom is coming, I'm getting goose bumps just thinking of it. This story is so exciting!

I appreciate all the prayers you've said for me, I'm seeing your prayers and those of others being worked out in my life.

Love, Jennifer

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda,
I am astounded at the way you shared your story. I felt as if it were myself. For after 4 l/2 years of being alone, I laid face down at the altar and told God that I was ready for someone to come into my life, if He wanted me to have someone. If not, I would be peaceful and content, knowing that the single life is what he had chosen for me. Everybody was telling me that I could not meet anyone just going to the grocery store, school (I taught) and to the same church, every time the doors were open. I said, "Oh yes, I can meet someone - IF God wants that for me, because I will never go looking for that person. They will have to come to me!!!!" I could not believe that it was exactly as you'd shared with us!!
Lo and behold, one Sunday evening as I sat reading the Evangel, before church started....a man I'd known from many years before who's mate had gone on, as had mine...came into the church, walked right up to me and started talking to me. Well, it was time for the service to begin and he asked if it'd be okay if he sat down there beside me. The entire church was gawking like I'd never seen before! The preacher was making silly looks, and I was dying. Everybody knew me, knew how I was and they were amazed....
we went out for coffee three weeks later, after he continued back to our church...and 8 months later we were married...I knew, because I knew, because I knew, because I knew...that God had SENT HIM TO ME....right there in my home church...and TODAY WE ARE SOOO HAPPY. That was 11 years ago.
I loved your sharing. Thank you!
It sent goosebumps up my spine! I know you must be an amazing woman, I can tell by your every word.
God bless you!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kim said...

This is so amazing! I've often been so touched when my dad would share about the mighty ways God worked in his life after his first wife died of cancer. Three years after her home-going, he married my mom, and God has blessed them with 45 years together. We will celebrate his 80th birthday later this month.

God is all about love stories!! He is the author of them! What a precious, precious testimony!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Dear Wanda,

How absolutely wonderful to hear from you!

Love,

Kate.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

Wanda only those who don't know our Savior would not understand what you have written. I too was happy with my single life, and yet at 59 when my husband had been gone for almost 4 years, I finally told God I was ready. Prompting from family members didn't budge me, it had to be me and God making such a decision, just as you did.

At first I told God if he wanted anyone else in my life He would have to put them on my doorstep. But later I knew I had to do my part which was be ready. And when I finally said I was ready on a Saturday night in November right after my youngest son got married 6 days later I was contacted by the man I've been married to for almost two years now. I love my new life.

You and Milton can make a new life together and I guarantee that it will go smoothly and be better because of you committment to God, and each other, not to mention the wisdom that comes with age.

Many Blessings
B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda and Milton,
I am excited to read your stories. I know God's moving in your lives. Wanda,Tommy and I look forward to meeting you at a future Dykes Reunion. Continue to "Be still and know that HE is God" and he will direct all your paths.
Love,
Linda Reece
your cousins in Birmingham

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful love story. God's blessings on you both.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton and Wanda,
What a beautiful story! It's great to hear from both of you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Thanks for sharing, Wanda. That was beautiful.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda,
So neat to hear this "in your own words". Can't wait to meet you Saturday.

Sis

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Wanda,
Beautiful, heartfelt, writing. Thanks for sharing. May God truly bless you and Milton and your lives together.
Blessings,
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home