Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WHO IS MILTON DYKES? PART II

ANOTHER POST BY  MILTON:

For new readers to this site, I am writing since Kristy's battle with a GBM brain tumor and her passing on July 21. Kristy made me a romantic so I write to share christian love stories.


***

Figuring out who you are at this stage of life isn't the easiest thing in the world. Can you believe that I left "Twinkies" off the what I love list? Actually I have found deliverance from them as I have had so much other holiday sweets that have filled the void. I don't guess that really counts as deliverance if you have gone on to hard stuff. Anyhow, I am not eating Twinkies so I left them of the love list.

I also left off tennis, Scrabble, domino's, and a myriad of other things that I will not go to right now. It is an interesting proposition to review who you are at this stage of life though all of us should keep learning, growing, and reevaluating who we are and refocusing on the goals and dreams of our lives.

That is part of this exercise. What are my goals and dreams at this stage? What do I want to accomplish? Where am I headed?

Your comments have been very kind as a number have written who and what you see when you look at Milton Dykes. I wondered after I posted that question if I really should have done that in light of some of the comments in the last week or so, but you have been very kind. In fact your words have been so kind that I think I have got to take it up a bunch of notches just to get close to what you have written about me. 

I am regathering myself after the holidays and focusing on 2009. Julie and Jennifer told me that their Mom wrote on this blog after her recovery from brain surgery that she was happy as a lark. They said that if Mom felt happy as a lark while knowing she was dying then we can be happy while we are living. 

That is a great revelation. As a family, that is what we choose to do. We are going to live and be happy as a lark. That is what Kristy wanted for all of us.

Why not! 

***

Dear Lord:

I pray for Anonymous 8:10 PM yesterday who is battling in a life and death struggle with cancer. I pray for faith, courage, joy, and peace. I pray for healing and strength. I pray for her family and especially her husband. Give them good days of love and laughter. Give her long life. Give her assurance you are with her. You are the mighty, faithful healer.

Amen

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

The fact that Kristy could be as happy as a lark knowing she was dying attests to her great faith, courage, and strength. She knew where she was going. She was sure. Makes me think of a visit to have my teeth cleaned. The lady cleaning my teeth heard about a bad news item and said, "I'd hate to know I had some kind of disease and wasn't going to get to do the things I want to do." How different an attitude from Kristy's. As far as I know the lady wasn't sick. I couldn't help thinking to myself when she made the statement that she didn't sound like she had much faith. On the other hand, Kristy glowed with her faith right down until the end. God bless her. She's demonstrated so much love, courage, and faith for all the rest of us. As someone said in an earlier post, she showed us how to live and how to die courageously.

God bless you and your new beloved. God knows your heart and so did Kristy. I will probably never met you, as another poster said, but just as she felt, so do I. I feel I know your family from this blog. When we get to heaven, and I see your beautiful redhead, I'll know it's her! She's inspired me so very much. I know her family realizes how much Kristy has done through her life and through her death for others and through this blog. Her life, death, and blog have all been inspirational.

Blessings and prayers,
Your Sister in Christ,
Barb
http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am 53 yrs of age, i still do not know who i am or what i want Pastor..
what a way to live hu ?

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger PatriciaW said...

I believe whenever we go through a significant life change, like a death, or otherwise enter a new phase of life, we probably need to stop and reevaluate who we are, where we're headed, and what we hope to accomplish along the way.

I don't know what others have said because I use Google Reader and don't see the comments unless I pop over to comment myself, which I don't most days. But I see you as a man of God with a really big heart. You filled that heart with a huge love for Kristy. Now that she's gone, you have a big void. But God will help you fill it. It seems He already is. A new love. Thoughts about who you are.

The future is bright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home